Chapter 41

"Are we bringing down the house, darling?" Serge asked, passing Tiffany a handful of clips while fussing with her hairstyle for the last scene.

"Nobody's thrown anything yet." She snorted "S'wonder the way Milo swaggers about, spouting his lines."

"Do we think they like it then?"

"Like I said, no one's tossed anything..."

*****

"I heard it let go when I crossed my legs." Grace stood with arms out while Ellen deftly sewed the split seam in the side of the dress.

"I should have double stitched both sides, I'm sorry Grace."

"Hey, no problem. If things don't go well, maybe I can use it to stir up some reaction."

"Well, your next scene in this is short, so we can get you out of it and I can fix it properly."

"You two have done a really great job you know. Aside from acting with Milo and Tiffany, this is the hardest job in this thing."

Denise smiled, running her hands down the back of the dress, "we should probably move this middle button too Ellen, Grace must have been sneaking too many of Hartley's snacks." She gave Grace a friendly poke in the back and walked around to stand behind Ellen.

"There, that should hold well enough." Ellen stood and stepped back, bumping into Denise, who's arms came up and circled her waist.

"Oh, Denny... sorry..."

"My treat."

Grace stared at the two women, a titillating shiver running beneath her skin as the situation slowly dawned on her.

*****

Milo frowned in the reflection of the hand mirror Henry held behind his head.

"Can't you cover that bald portion a little better?"

Henry snapped the mirror down sharply and walked around to the cosmetic case, taking out a small aerosol can.

"What's that?" Milo's frown changed to a look of concern.

"This is called Ace Manouflage." He replied, haughtily. "It's a camouflage spray for balding men." He shook the can vigorously, popping off the cap and holding it over Milo's head.

"Whoa, wait a minute! What does it do?" He ducked forward out of the way.

"Let's just say it's our little ace in the hole." Cheerfully, he sprayed the cool mist onto Milo's head, finishing with flourish that left a small, runny puddle. "There we go, Mr. Braithwaite, only your hairdresser will know. You'd better hurry, your cue is in two minutes."

*****

"Hey Gregorio, I noticed you limping in that last scene. How come?" Jeffrey asked, solicitously.

Allen scowled, massaging his groin. "I don't know, I guess I pulled something."

"Tsk, tsk, Allen. Naughty boy." Amanda smirked, catching his comment as she passed behind them.

"Bloody women." Allen hissed, glowering at her back.

*****

"Okay Marshall, remember, surprise and anger when you find Henry Sales waiting in your home - just don't overdo the reaction. Ready? Okay, now..." Nigel watched anxiously as Milo made his entrance through the mock the door and walked into the living room, halting abruptly when he spied Henry Sales by the window. As he followed the dialogue on his master script, he glanced up to see black streaks running down Milo's neck and soaking into the collar of his white shirt.