5~ Hanging Out

*Edited*~(Y/N) P

*Edited*
~(Y/N) P.O.V~

I walk out into the courtyard, sighing in content as the school day finished. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, I got weird looks and overheard whispers and all the other bull crap. Even now I see people's glances with a look of disgust on their face. I soon heard my name being called. I turn to see Rose running towards me panting.

"You can be fast when you want. Wow, ok, are we still hanging out at your house today?" Rose asks, finally standing up straight. I laugh lightly and nod.

"Yep! Mom's going be there, but that's not a big deal." My phone starts to ring and I pull it out and answer it.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi Honey! I'm sorry, but Mr. J planned an on the spot date night, and you know him. He won't take no for an answer. Will you be alright?" I heard the sympathy in her voice.

"Mom, I'll be fine. Rose is coming over tonight." We talk for a few more minutes before saying good bye and hanging up.

"Scratch that. Mom's out with her boyfriend." I say 'boyfriend' in case people would listen in. She nods and we begin to walk out of the courtyard. We saw Damian and sent him a small wave, which he returned. We started walking back to my home. On the way we talked about our day and any other random things that came to mind. We began to talk about the orphanage, reliving some memories. Some of them were good, some bad.

Ok, all of them were basically horrible.
~~~~

Another scream echoed through the house as it did every night. It was the sound of one, maybe even two kids, getting adopted. It was the sound of cold, yet burning liquid running through their veins. It was the sound of them being broken down until there was nothing left.

It was the sound of hell on earth.

I lay there awake, listening to the torment and the experiments that were happening. Tomorrow, that might happen to any of us. There are little kids, almost babies here that don't deserve this. After awhile my eyes start to close. I feel myself fall asleep before I was slightly shaken awake. I look up to see Laura with a concerned look on her face. I sit up straight and look at her confused.

"Do you happen to know who's, uh, coming tomorrow? I was just curious and if you don't want to share that's fi-"

"Laura, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are coming tomorrow. Why do you need to know, and why are you still up?" I cut her off, knowing she was going to go on a rant. She combs her fingers through her hair and sighs.

"It's just, I'm scared. No, I'm not scared, I'm terrified. What if they want more than anything we could imagine? What if somebody actually dies from these experiments? What if-"

"What if the world opened up and ate us all whole?" I smirked.

~~~~

Finally, we arrive at the little warehouse. Rose and I walk in and head straight to the living area. In there was a tiny television and a few tattered couches. Rose plopped down in the seat she always sat in, and opened her bag to start on homework. She decided to hang out and talk to all her friends when ever she has spare time at school. Unlike me, who finishes everything at school.

I went into the 'kitchen' and saw a note taped to the wall. I grabbed it and scanned over it quickly.

Dear (Y/N),
Harley and I have some business that is in need of dealing with, and of course we mean killing. We'll be gone for a few days or so to talk with some friends. Have fun dear, and no parties!(But we won't mind if you do)

From,
Joker

I look to see twenty five dollars on the counter as well. I would've been mad in any other situation, but they had done this to me so many times. This type of thing was almost expected. I grab two bottles of water and a cookie for myself. When I returned to the living room I see Rose on her phone, scrolling through something.

"Don't you have homework?" I ask as I sat beside her. I set the bottles down on the table before turning back to her.

"The teacher said it was due on Thursday, so I have some time before I have to turn it in." I nod at her answer and turn on the tv. Obviously, it was a crappy tv because it was stolen from a run-down house, but it was better than nothing.

Rose and I went on talking about random things and eating cookies. We were just about to settle our debate about who gets the last cookie when Rose's phone went off. We both checked to see who it was and instantly groan at the name.

It was Ivy.