Chapter 18

Listen to this song: 'The Judge- Twenty One Pilots' for this chapter! <3

Meghan's Point of View

I walked into Starbucks, wrapping my cardigan around myself. Today was a chillier spring day, and it was raining pretty hard. Getting into line, I looked at the menu, I think I'll get a Vanilla Latte.

Once I got my drink, I headed out, but before I got to the door I bumped into someone. I watched as their drink fell onto the ground, spilling everywhere. "Oh my gosh!" I said, grabbing some napkins from a nearby table, "I'm such a klutz!" I started wiping up the hot coffee off the floor, quickly taking a glance at the person.

"It's fine," Jessica said, kneeling down in front of me, grabbing some napkins too. She finished cleaning up the coffee, and stood up dusting off her black ripped skinny jeans. "No, no," I began, "let me buy you another one."

She chuckled, "Alright, if you insist." I smiled, "What'd you get?" She sat down at a table, "A tall coffee with sugar." I nodded, running into the growing line. When I had received her new drink, I sat down at the table. "Thanks," she said, taking a sip. I smiled again, "No problem, it was the least I could do."

Jessica's Point of View

"So how have you been?" I asked, chewing on my lip. It was a bit nerve racking talking to Meghan again, considering we ended on a pretty bad note. "I've been good, yourself?" She replied. My heart sunk a bit at her statement, realizing she must be quite happy without me.

"Um," I said, "I've been okay. A lot has been going on really. Ever since I did that one graffiti, I entered a whole new world. Saw an entire different side of this place." She looked puzzled as she fiddled with a ring on her finger, "Is that good or bad?" I laughed, "As I said before, it's okay. I love it in the moment, it's the best feeling ever. Though when it's over, I just feel tired and empty."

"What's that?" I asked, gesturing to the gorgeous accessory occupying her ring finger. She blushed, "Oh, um, Liam proposed to me. But don't worry, we're not getting married this very moment! We're gonna wait till after high school."

"That's amazing!" I said, genuinely happy for her and Liam. "You think?" She asked, biting her lip nervously. "Oh Meghan," I said, getting up and giving her a big hug, "it's wonderful." She squeezed me tight in response, letting a tear slip onto her cheek, "Thank you Jess." We both sat back down, and took a sip of our coffees. "Are we okay?" She asked, setting her drink aside. I smiled, "Yeah Meg, we're okay."

Yay! Meghan and Jess are friends again! What do you guys think? :) <3 <3

:) <3 <3