Chapter 25 ~ Interrogation

The men that took me led me into a small chamber in the building, and told me to sit down in the single chair standing in the center of the room. Not wanting to cause any more trouble, I did as told and allowed them to strap me to the iron chair. The chair was sturdy and drilled into the floor, making it impossible to move. I expected as much. My wrists, arms, and ankles were bound by leather straps drilled into the leg and arms of the chair. I rolled my eyes and waited patiently as the men left, telling me that I'd be spoken with shortly. More like in three hours, I'm sure. My thoughts flicked back to my friends. I was sure that Orusa and Braylen would be set free and pardoned for their affiliation with the First Order. Even I might come out of the whole scenario unscathed. But Kylo was a different story. Could he persuade his mother to trust him again? Or would her council vote to destroy the evil that had been causing chaos for the past few years?

Surprisingly, it was only about fifteen minutes before the door to the chamber I was in opened up to allow someone entry from the other side. But it was hard to disguise my unease and slight irritation about who my visitor was. Rey. Great... I thought sarcastically, waiting for her to speak as she closed the door and leaned against the wall. "What are you doing here?" She asked, watching me with interest. "I thought you seemed rather smart for a Sith. Apparently, I was wrong." She continued. "I'm not a Sith!" I hissed, glaring at her. "Then what are you, Andromeda? Because you can't fight for us and Kylo Ren at the same time!" She replied. "I don't know what I am. But I know who I fight for. Now, are you here to listen to the story of what happened or not? Cause if not then you should just get someone who will! There is more going on than what you know, and now you have four people who were on the inside who know how the First Order works. You have an opportunity. I suggest you use it!" I told her.

Rey took a step back, scrutinizing me. "Very well. Tell me your story." She said. "Okay. But before I do, do you know what will happen to Kylo?" I inquired softly. She shrugged. "Beats me. If you ask me, he deserves whatever he gets." She said. I bit back an angry reply, instead focusing on where to begin.

So I told her everything, from Kylo bargaining with me on Naboo to the moment we landed on D'Qar. It took at least an hour for me to tell her everything, and Rey simply paced back and forth the whole time. When I finally finished, she was staring at me with doubt. "Are you insane? That is not Kylo Ren behavior! How could you fall in love with a monster like that?" She exclaimed. "Like you know him so well." I muttered. "I know what he's done. How many people he's killed. How can you just ignore that?" She asked me. "I don't ignore it. I hated him for a long time for everything he did. But he's changing. He's trying to be better." Rey scoffed. "Impossible." Frustrated by her scathing comments and disbelief, I clenched my fists. "Then read my mind. See for yourself. Feel what I feel. I dare you." I challenged.

Rey looked taken aback. "What?" She asked. "Do it. Read my mind. I know you can." I ordered. Frowning, she stepped forward and kneeled in front of me. Her hand raised up to hover in front of my face and she closed her eyes. I felt her prodding my mind, and I relaxed my muscles, allowing her to search my thoughts and memories without fight. Minutes passed before Rey showed any sign of letting up. Her expression was one of full and complete concentration and frustration. I could tell she was trying to find something, anything, to further her argument of Kylo being a total monster. But there was nothing there.

Eventually she pulled away and out of my head. "You...you were telling the truth?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. I nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! See? He never hurt me. And he hasn't actually hurt anyone who didn't deserve it in the past year. Outside of the Battle on Hoth at least. I'm making progress with him. And I love him. Please. All we want is to be safe and to serve the Resistance. To come home." I told her. Rey still looked shocked. "Only General Organa can make that decision." She finally murmured and turned away, facing the wall.