Forever...

----- Forever... ------

"Bhaiya, let me help you." I looked at my brother in front of me, who denied he wanted help from his younger brother, which was me.

Sometimes, I don't understand why big brothers want to show that they are so macho. We can equally take on things, share them, and help each other, but these elder siblings usually have this protective stance as if their younger ones are the fragile ones and every problem had to pass through them before reaching us.

I was thankful that he helped, really, but that did not mean that I couldn't help him, especially because he was just trying to plant a sapling in our garden. His gardening skills were practically non-existent. But because his fiancée had told him to do some gardening before their marriage he was adamant on doing so. She is a botanist; you can imagine her love for plants. He on the other hand, works with computers. Contrasts, I tell you.

"I don't need help." He told to me, looking at me with a strange glare, which clearly said 'back-off'. As if I was flirting with Bhabi!

"Ruhaan, don't you look at me like I'm flirting with Surbhi bhabi." I crossed my arms, and looked at him sternly.

"Yug, don't you look at me saying you want to help." He gave me the same glare again, while I sighed. Brothers! I tell you.

"Fine." I walked away. He was such a bother sometimes.

I went to my room, and after washing my hands which had bits of mud on it (because I had tried to help my big brother, and he ended up shouting at me), I went back to my bed to see through my phone. There was one missed call, and looking up I saw that it was my to-be sister-in-law's. Why would she call me? We were close, but she usually called Bhaiya. Oh! He was busy in the garden. I chuckled, and called her.

"Hey Yug!" She said, her voice cheerful, "Why isn't your nonsensical brother picking up his phone? It's a Sunday! I've called them at least ten times!"

I chuckled, "Hi back to you too. Are you actually cursing my brother Bhabi?"

"Huh! He isn't picking up, what else am I supposed to do?"

"Maybe," I said thoughtfully, "Come and help him."

"Help? What help does he even need?" I could practically feel that she rolled her eyes.

"He is trying to plant more saplings in the garden." I stated.

I could hear her gasp. Loudly, "He is doing what!?"

"Planting saplings?" That almost came out as a question.

"Oh god!" She grumbled, "I'll be over in few minutes, this Ruhaan I tell you. And why aren't you helping him? Isn't he your big brother? Chote hone ka koi farz banta hai ya nahi?"

She kept on babbling. She has been like that, since they've met. She was always connected to me and our parents, and kept ordering us around. In a good way, I might add. I kept quiet and listened to whatever she was speaking on, about how I should help my older brother. I nearly sneered.

"But Surbhi bhabi! I did try to help him!" I whined. Hell, I wasn't a kid. She was just my sister-in-law (to-be) then why was I behaving like that?

"I'm coming anyway." She said back, and disconnected the call. That'd be fun. For now, I guess me running away from this place for some while was a better option.

I walked out on the road, with hands in my pocket, and the headphones over my ears. It was Sunday, and most people were busy being lazy in their homes. It was around 10 in the morning, and other than that, the weather was really nice. It was cloudy, and a cold breeze almost balanced whatever heat the sun was shining upon us. It was nice.