Dancing

Newt's POV

It was Friday night, date night. I was getting ready for a casual date with Thomas. I put on a black t-shirt and blue skinny jeans. I slipped on my favorite red Converse. I looked in the mirror and rustled my hair a bit, trying to look more natural. I shrugged and grabbed my car keys from the counter. I drove to the coffee shop where Thomas and I usually meet for our Friday night dates. I walked into the shop and saw that familiar handsome face sitting in our usual booth. I slipped into the seat across from him.

"Hey, Tommy." I smiled while tangling our legs together under the table.

"Hi Newt. How's your day been?" He said in an unusually sweet voice.

I raised and eyebrow. "Fine."

The waitress came to our table with a cup of coffee and another cup with tea.

"I ordered for you, hope you don't mind."

"No, that's sweet of you." I narrowed my eyes at him.

Thomas took a sip of his coffee and glanced at me. He set his drink down and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you giving me that look?" He asked.

I folded my arms and leaned against the booth.

"What are you hiding from me, Tommy?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He supressed a smile.

"You know I can read you like a book. You can't hide things from your boyfriend."

Thomas sighed. "I know, I know. I have a suprise for you tonight."

"A suprise?" My eyes lit up. He knows me so well, I love suprises.

"Yup. We can go whenever you're ready."

"Can we go now?" I asked excitedly.

"Now? But Newt, you haven't finished your tea."

I chugged the rest of my drink and grabbed Thomas's hand. He threw some money on the table before I yanked him out of the coffee shop.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see." He gripped my hand tighter. "You're so cute when you're excited."

I pushed him playfully as we walked down the street hand in hand. It was around nine at night so there weren't many people walking or driving about. We walked near the center of the town and Thomas pulled me into a large, well known hotel.

"Tommy, what're you doing? Why are we going in here?"

"This is where your suprise is." He smiled.

Thomas pulled me deeper into the hotel. We walked down a few hallways before he stopped at a large, grand doorway.

"Guess where this leads to." Thomas said.

"I don't know. Why don't you show me."

He pulled open the door and motioned me inside. I couldn't see anything in the dark room. Suddenly, the lights flashed on and momentarily blinded me. I clenched my eyes shut in suprise. I felt Thomas's hand on my lower back.

"Open your eyes." He whispered into my ear.

I opened my eyes slowly, letting my eyes adjust to the light. When I fully opened them, I gasped. We were in a magnificent ballroom. The white decorated walls were arched up until it lead to a gorgeous diamond chandelier.

"Suprise!" Thomas shouted. His voice echoed across the wide room.

He walked to the middle of the ballroom, his shoes clicking on the marble floor. He brought out his phone and tapped on it. Then, slow dance music came on. He held out a hand in my direction. He wanted me to dance with him.

"Oh, Tommy. You know I can't dance very well." I said, walking over to him.

Thomas smiled at me and extended his hand again. I sighed and placed my hand in his. He pulled me closer to him and put a hand on my waist. I put my hand on his shoulder. We swayed to the music  from his phone. As the song was coming to an end, he twirled me away so our arms were stretched out. He spun me back to him and dipped me. We stayed there for what seemed like forever. Him over me, staring into my eyes. Thomas pulled me back upright and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled him closer to me and molded our lips together passionately. We kissed for a few seconds before breaking away.

We ended up dancing together for hours. Just Thomas and I alone. This was probably the best suprise he, or anyone of that fact, has given me.

Aw, shuck. I am such a big softie for cute dancing scenes ^-^