Chapter 23.

Lexa's P. O.V

The weeks flew by like a whirlwind. I didn't even know what my aunt looked like! All I knew was: she has a kid, she's married, and her name is Emma. She was coming down on Friday, and it was Thursday morning now. I was missing school so I could meet my only blood family I knew of.

"Babe calm down" Clarke rubs my shoulder while our Art teacher explains that we are having a work day(also known as blow off day and that's all we have in this class).

"I can't!" I whisper yell at Clarke.

"You're gonna be fine! They're gonna love you so much. You'll get along with the kid good because you're a big kid at heart" Clarke laughs and i can't help but crack a smile.

"Oh my gosh! She can show more than one emotion!"she says sarcastically

"Yeah so can you when I go down-mmf" I'm stopped mid sentence when she reached across and slaps her hand on my mouth.

"Lexa!" She whisper yells and I bust out laughing. "That was totally uncalled for" she narrows her eyes at me.

"I know but I love seeing your face when I start to talk dirty" I wink at her.

"Yeah yeah"

《》《》《》

Thursday went by agonisingly slow; it didn't help that it was boring also. Thursday night Clarke stayed at my house(consolation from her parents for what happened with Linda) and I took her to school the next morning then went to the Jaha household.

"Are you ready?" Asked Papa J after while we sat at the table drinking coffee.

"I mean I guess. I'm just scared more than anything" I sigh then lay my head down.

"You shouldn't be" he says then pats my shoulder to where I look at him; he motions for me to stand up, once I do he pulls me in for a much needed hug.

"Thanks pops" I smile as he pats down my hair and he kisses my forehead.

"No problem kiddo"

We sat around the house for a few more hours before Wells came over and we waited again. When 2 came around, I was sitting in the living room watching some cooking show with Papa J and Wells who fell asleep. When there was a knock at the door, I froze. When another knock sounded I jumped up and went to the door before slowly opening it. It was Clarke.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as she step in.

"You not happy to see me?" She chuckles

"No I want you here but what about school? And wait how did you get here?" I ask

"School will be fine without me for a half a day and surprisingly my dad brought me" she shrugs and I pull her into a hug

"God I love you" I pulled her in again and kissed her full lips.

"And I love you too" she moved her hand up to my cheek and I looked into her sky blue eyes.

"They'll be here any minute so I just wanna chill out here if that's okay" she nods and interlaces our fingers before pulling me onto the porch swings and cuddles up next to me.

"Are you nervous?" She asks after a few minutes of us sitting in silence.

"Well yeah I mean she's the only family I know about" I shrug with my answer.

"Well she's gonna love you. Just like I do" she lifts her head from my shoulder and gives me a quick kiss on my lips. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and pull her closer to me.