Alternative Ending

"Oh my God, why are you all bloodied like this?" Elvan asked when Dante walked in, holding his stomach.

"Some asshole shot me, can you believe it? Of course, nothing happened. My tattoos are fine," he smiled. "But, the nerve..."

"Was that a neutralizer?" Elvan asked.

"Probably, who can tell anymore the difference between the criminals and neutralizers. He might have been a mugger, for all I know."

"I can't believe it! I wish I had been there to beat the hell out of him. How dare he touch what is mine?" Elvan said.

"Hmm, I like the sound of that baby. So very much. But, I need some caring, kissing, my psychology is all ruined," he pouted.

Elvan laughed, "I see, it is one of those moments, huh? I guess a bath is for you, big boy."

"A bath together, right?" he winked.

"No, alone," Elvan laughed.

"You are so cruel," he said, his face falling.

But, Elvan followed him to the tub, taking off her clothes along the way, as she could never carry the joke too long. The handsome brute had just gotten under her skin too deeply.

And Dante sang under the shower as he held his mate in his arms.

**************************************************************

The neutralizer stood in the alley and looked at the evidence remaining behind. The Drakon's body had disappeared. He was so sure he'd shot him real good, the Drakon's blood was still on the damn pavement. So where was he? He touched the bare skin at his back on which Elvan's name was inscribed in big letters. "I'll get you," he vowed.

***************************************************************

Somewhere far far away, the younger Drakon's Prince quick death had triggered something evil, cunning, and far too dangerous. It was not an alternative universe which was created unlike in Seth's death; it was far worse than that. His death had brought into existence another Dante, his look alike, yet very much different in all other ways. And, he'd be coming for her.

**************************************************************

Thanks, hope you enjoyed the little twist.

Love, Alena