Where My Love Goes - Newtmas

A/N: This one is for the amazing SleeplessAurora  who has been such an a awesome and lovely and caring friend for me. I am so thankful we met and that I have you in my life. Happy birthday darling, please have amazing day! ❤️

"Morning Tommy." you said with your raspy yet gentle morning voice.
"Morning Newt. Is that coffee?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. I hope you don't mind. It seems we have run out of tea." you told.
"No not at all. You know I love coffee. I'm more worried about you and your weird tea obsession." I said and rolled my eyes.
"Hey! Tea is healthy and good." you protested.
"So is coffee." I said and smirked.
"What ever." you huffed. "Can you please play." you then asked.
"Sure. Bring my guitar." I said and smiled.

My love goes out of my heart and into the wind
Out my guitar and under your skin
Into your house and out of your headphones
That's where my love goes

You leaned into my shoulder and I smiled. I loved these small moments with you. They were something special, something else. I was just us two and the sound of my guitar. And your singing. In the moments we sang and played together I felt like all the problems were vanishing away. They couldn't make it through and they didn't bother us.

Wherever you go, I'll follow
Don't worry about tomorrow
I will be in your shadow
Walking right beside you everyday
I'll be the one to save ya
When I put my pen to paper
Feels like it brings us closer
Even when you're so far away

I smiled at the lyrics. The song was cute and cheesy and something us both usually didn't listen to but somehow we had started to like it. Now it kind of was our song. A song I always played when you asked me to play something. You also liked to song it and sometimes I found you dancing your way through the house with headphones on and singing to it.

Bullet trains and aeroplanes
I can choose the easy way
So I'll send a signal just for you

My love goes out of your door and into the street
Down through the floor and up through your feet
Into your car and out of your radio
That's where my love goes

I felt you softly kiss my cheek and stop singing for awhile before continueing again. I watched you raise from the bed and walk to the kitchen of our small apartment. You came back with a tray full of pancakes and fresh strawberries with whipped cream.

"Newt you are the best." I breathed out and you chuckled.

You will never be lonely
Just relax and listen to me
I breathe the air that you breathe
I am always with you in disguise

I played the very last notes of the song and you put the tray to our bed and climbed in again. You pressed your lips into mine into a sweet and soft kiss that made my body tingle. I loved the way your lips melted into mine and the way my heart heated fast everytime we did it. No matter we had done it many times, it still was magical. It was magical to have you.