chapter 13

Shawna pov

Today Andrea was getting out the hospital! i was so excited. I pulled up to the hospital and grabbed Jessica out the back. She had been giving me hell these past few days and i dont know why. I was tired of her crying for no reason. Soon as Andrea was out this joint she was watching the baby while i went to make money since i havent been in a week. This baby required a lot of attention that i sometimes couldnt give. My mother was coming home today also so i was a little sad. i knew she didnt want to talk to me and i wanted to fix our relationship. I opened the door to Andrea's room and saw her combing her hair. Jessica started reaching for her and i gladly put her down and let her  head that way. I watched Andrea pick Jessica up and start playing with her. 

"Shawna come here." I walked over to them and waited for Andrea to speak.

"wassup?"

"Thank you. I know that you are not her mother and you dont owe us anything. I also want you to know that you dont have to stay at my place anymore. I can take care of myself and the baby. I dont want you spending all of your time with us when i know you have better things to do.

"Andrea im here because i want to be. Listen i knew that this baby needed me and you needed me so i wanted to help. "

"Well thank you."

"No problem sugar." Before i knew it we were kissing and i didnt want to stop. We didnt exactly have a relationship  just yet, but i wanted us to be something grate! She pulled away for air and looked me in my eyes.

"Let's go." I agreed and we walked out the hospital. I dropped them off at their house to let her pack her shit while i went to meet my dad at the rehab. I wanted to be there when she got out and my dad wanted me to be there too. I pulled us and walked inside. I was dressed in my purple  v-neck polo, my american eagle white skinny jeans and my purple vans. I had my hair in a tight braid and my nude studs in. I searched for my dad and spotted him standing by the vending machines. I walked up to him and tapped him.

""Hey dad. " 

"Oh hey sweetie." He pulled me in for a hug and i fell like he needed this. My dad is such a good man and he deserves so much better than what he's getting. He let go and i smiled at him.

"So where's mom?"

"She's still in her room. I asked the front desk about why is was taking her so long and they said she wasn't fully packed yet.

"Ok cool. How long ago was that?"

"Maybe 15 minutes ago so she should be walking out."

I looked in the direction of her room waiting to see her face again. It had been maybe two or three month since i had seen her. I missed her and i wanted to take back everything i said to her and how i treated her.

"Hun?" My dad looked at me

"Yes?" 

"Be honest with me. What kind of shit are you in?" i could feel my eyes growing wide. How did he know?

"How do you know?"

"I wasn't born last night. You have been in new clothes and you got you a car. Shawna i know everything. Listen i want you to be careful please. Your mom and i was into that life and i never thought you would be one to get into it. Its a dangerous life baby girl." I couldn't believe my parents were in the game.

"How did you get out?"

"Sacrifice." I looked at him in confusion. what did he mean by sacrifice. He noticed my confused face and spoke up. "I have done a lot of killing and i'm not proud of it. I lost someone special to me and that was my ticket out, but i would have traded that ticket back in if that meant having my brother alive and my sister well." I had a aunt that's still living and a uncle that's dead.