Steve

.......

         Demetrius looked at me waiting for me to speak. I took a deep breath and looked away from him, I then took the covers off my arms and smiled at him.

        "When I young my father left us, my mother swore to me she would do all she could to take care of me and give me what she could. After so many years she met this man named Steve. I was twelve at the time and I hadn't seen her so happy in so long that I was happy for her. She asked me if I would like to meet him and of course I said yes. I wanted to meet the guy that made her soo happy, that made her act like a hopeless romantic. She would take time to look good for him, putting a little bit of makeup on here and there, she would let me help her do her hair whenever they would go out on a date and ask me how she looked once she was dressed. Of course she looked stunning every time and with the smile on her face how could she not.'' Demetrius had a small smile on his face and I reached up to his face and put my hand on his warm cheek. He took my hand and placed it in his slowly rubbing it with his thumb. I cleared my throat to continue.

       "The day I met him I could see why my mother was head over heels for this guy. He came to our door with flowers but not for my mother but for me. During dinner he said all the right things and the look on my mothers face said just how much she loved this man. After about four months my mother had him move in so they could see each other more. One day she was at work and I had come home from school and he was there, we had our normal talk of how was school and blah blah blah. I went to my room and he followed me saying he could help me with homework and I said sure. We sat on my bed and he sat really close to me, he put his hand on my thigh and said how pretty I was. I looked down on the floor not sure what to do. He leaned down to my face and kissed my cheek moving his hand higher on my thigh so I stood up knocking the books down from my bed. He stood smiled at me and left. It didn't end there.'' I stopped talking and looked away from Demetrius. His face read anger and I wasn't sure if I should continue or not.

         "What else did he do to you?'' He tone of voice was hard but it was also as if he was holding back something more then anger.

           "Every night when my mother was at work he would come into my room and I already knew he would do that. I would wear long pants even in the summer time because I couldn't take putting his hands on my skin, he irked the shit out of me. He would always touch me over my clothes and kiss me cheeks and neck and I had asked him to stop one time and received a smack to the face. My mother one day had called out of work she wasn't feeling to good. She had told me although she wasn't feeling well it didn't mean we couldn't have a daughter mother day in the house. I was so happy cause that meant he couldn't touch me cause she would be home. I thought very wrong, my mother went to take a small nap and I was in the living room watching TV. He came in and told me to lay on the floor, I said no and went to get up to go to my room and he grabbed me putting his hand over my mouth while pinning me to the floor with his other hand. He took his hand off my mouth and when I went to scream he slapped me a few times so I just laid there under him crying.'' By this time I was crying and Demetrius was caressing my back with his hand.

         "You don't have to continue.'' He was wrong I had never told anyone.

         "It's ok.'' I whispered to him.

           "Did he rape you?''

            "No, he didn't get that far. My mother had woken up from her nap and saw him on top me forcing his lips on mine. She took a vase of flowers and hit him over the head with it. I quickly stood up and ran into her arms. While he was on conscious on the floor she called a friend she had that was a cop and he came over right away. He took care of everything and last I knew Steve was in jail and then moved many states away when he got out. I grew up telling myself never will a man do that to me again. I had hoped he loved my mother enough to stop what he was doing. In a way he made me strong and brave, but also weak and scared. My mother was happy with him I couldn't tell her.'' I wiped my face with my hands and Demetrius pulled me closer to him and I took in his smell and how warm and strong he was.

          "I will never hurt you like that, and the next person to ever hurt you will deal with me personally. Lets get some rest then I'll cook us some dinner and then we can get back in the bed and I'll keep you safe as you sleep in my arms.'' I nodded my head yes and off to sleep I went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        FUCK you Steve!