He's More Then A Stone Face

.....
      I've been here for over two months. Two months where I have put so many questions to the back of my head and just left them there. Getting to know Demetrius is harder then I thought it would be. Also I'm not that good at talking much unless I  was working at the coffee shop, almost everyone that went there were regulars so it became easy to talk to them. I did the same routines just about everyday. I went back to sleeping in my own bed, my dreams came and went and when I wasn't dreaming I was tossing and turning trying to get some sleep. By the time I would fall asleep I would wake up not even an hour later and Demetrius would be gone off to work by then. I'd get up do my lady things, eat, maybe hit the gym or pool.

       Maria would come here by 8am and start on breakfast that I would gladly eat and I always insisted on cleaning the dishes and she would smile and run off to clean some other part of this huge place. I learned that she had been married forever to her high school sweetheart and had two children a boy Aden and a daughter Jaylen. Her son was part of the mafia, part of Demetrius familia and her daughter had married into the mafia. It was as if the mafia had followed her the second she started working for Demetrius and his family, but somehow she was happy when she spoke of it, of how her children will always be protected and have more family then they can dream of, they will never be alone.

      I told her about my mother and how much I missed her, how little time we were able to have together. She understood when I didn't have much to say about my father as he was just a sperm donor in my life. Then there's Jackson, I wasn't sure of my feelings for Jackson as I was spending time away from him and somehow it didn't feel different as if when we did see each other, I missed him but not the way that a girlfriend that hasn't seen her boyfriend in forever would. I didn't tell Maria that of course, I just mentioned little details. I walked into the living room looking for Maria as it was hitting almost twelve and normally she would be in the kitchen and we would make sandwiches with something on the side.

          "Maria!'' I called out and got no response. Where was this lady?

          "I sent her home.'' I jumped at the sound of his voice. I turned to him and pointed my finger at him with my left hand as my right hand was on my chest feeling my heartbeat.

          "Don't do that. You scared the shit out of.''

          "You should change.'' He said and man I wanted to smack him across the face.

         "I didn't actually shit myself.'' He laughed. I real laugh that showed his pearly white teeth and made me smile back at him.

         ''I didn't actually think you did, that would be quite embarrassing on your part. I'm taking you to my beach. I got out early, I couldn't take sitting in that boring meeting any longer and an idea popped in to my head. The only time you stepped foot out of this place was in the dark when you tired running away.'' He gazed right into my eyes and I looked away from him.

       "So your going to bring me to a beach? With a bunch of people? I've been to all the beaches here.'' I said matter of factly. Yet again he burst out laughing this time putting his hand on his stomach. Did I say a joke or something? He walked up to me and the smell of his cologne had me biting my lower lip.

      ''This is a private beach, MY beach, as in I own it.'' He then walked past me heading up to the hall way that led up the stairs. ''You have never been to a beach like this. Now come and get changed, I have everything else we need in the car.''  I was confused but I did as he told. I trusted him but only to a certain extent. I was sure someone will recognize me at the beach.

         Finally the car came to a stop and Demetrius took the blind flood off me. Yes he put like three blind folds on me so I couldn't see anything but pitch black in what felt forever to the drive to this beach he says I never been to. I looked around and it was just beautifully breath taken. He was right I have never been to this beach it was very much different and like he said private. He is the first person I've ever known to own a dam beach all to himself. I got out of the car and took my sandals off and buried my feel into the very white beach sand, heat instantly warmed up my feet as Demetrius loves to have the a/c on full blast in the car and I was cold. I closed my eyes and took in the salty smell of the water and how warm the sun felt on my skin. I looked to my left and Demetrius was walking to a very big beach house, it wasn't as big as his actual mansion but close enough. I sat on the stairs not wanting to be locked up in four walls anymore and looked down at the step where my feet were. Carved in the wood were the words Italy is our home forever love you sister, love you brother, today and tomorrow, to the moon and back. You could tell it was carved by two different people. I read it five times before it hit me. I stood with my eyes opening wide.