[Chapter 2]

Abby walked through the large crowd in the nearby city, observing how people effortlessly passed by Daniel without any collisions.

There was an obvious reason for that.

Abby glanced at Daniel out of the corner of her eye and said, "Hey, Dani."

"Hmm?"

"You can hear me, right? Even when I'm not opening my mouth and physically talking to you," they continued walking.

"Yeah, loud and clear. Like whales communicating in the quiet sea. Why?"

"Oh, nothing. Just making sure we can still have our conversation in public. Otherwise, people might think I've just been released from the Mental Institute."

"Come on, don't say that, babe."

"It's just..." You don't exist. "Nevermind."

"What?"

"Let's just keep talking once we get there."

Daniel sighed. "Alrighty then."

___

"You eat purple-blue eggs?!"

"They're called 'duck eggs,' Dani."

Abby returned a dozen white eggs to the shelf and placed the duck eggs in her shopping cart.

The two of them talked a lot, except Abby, who, as she had mentioned, didn't physically speak.

Abby jumped to reach the boxes at the top of the shelves.

"You're shorter than I thought, like a black ant."

"Oh, shut up. I'm taller than the average lady."

"Hmm... still short," Daniel chuckled.

"Why you-?!" Abby angrily responded as she continued reaching for the boxes.

"I got it, lad," a male voice said, and hands appeared behind Abby, reaching for the boxes. He lifted them and carefully placed them in her shopping cart. Abby quickly turned around and saw a taller man in a black leather jacket and ripped blue jeans, resembling a motorcycle rider. Of course, he had thick blond hair and blue eyes.

"Looks like you were having a hard time reaching the box of water bottles, miss," the man continued.

Abby scratched the back of her head, feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah, I've been in that situation when I was a kid," the man made eye contact with the redhead, then extended his hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet ya'."

Abby nodded, shyly.

"You're quite shy, huh? I guess you're not used to meeting new people like me?" the man laughed and returned his hand to his pocket, while Abby tried her best to hide her awkwardness.

"Anyway, this is a weird place to meet. I'm Nathan, by the way," he pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to Abby. "Here's my phone number. Hope we'll talk from time to time." He quickly walked away, still looking back at Abby. "Nice to meet you, miss!" he yelled in the distance.

___

As Abby walked down the streets with Daniel, they continued to discuss the guy Abby had just met at the grocery store.

"Oh god, Abby. I can't believe that blond dude was talking to you!"

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Dani. I tried so hard to communicate with him, and then he just walks away."

"Your swearing makes me feel so orange."

"You're confusing, Dani."

"Confusion is blue-purple, Abby."

___