[Chapter 8]

-thirteen years ago-

Two little girls resting themselves on the soft grass in the middle of the forest, beside the big rock with a cold, clean lake.

"Drizzle.", Daniel spoke.

"Yeah.", Abby replied.

"Drizzle.", Daniel repeats.

"What about it, Dani?"

"It feels...blue."

Abby hummed in understanding. Even she doesn't get why does Daniel says things with colors.

Abby finally took an opportunity to ask this question.

"What's with you and the colors?", as she asked, Daniel's expression went to disappointment, "Um...I understand if that question hits you hard or something-"

"No lad, it's alright...", Daniel interrupts, "I just...couldn't help myself but describe things with colors."

"Are you, um, color blind?"

Daniel laughed wholeheartedly, "Of course not! I just find colors cool and neat, not like I'm sick or anything...", she sighed, "I say colors out of my mouth, depends on what I feel..."

Abby tilted her head, "Do you think that kind of brain disorder exists?"

Daniel shrugged, "I don't know, lad. I don't know..."

'I guess what she meant blue, is sadness?', the little redhead thought.

She finally knew that her best friend, a 10-year-old with hazel hair can describe things with colors.

She hoped that even Daniel grew older, she can still describe with colors.

"Abby," Daniel said, "how's your...dad?"

"Still laying on the bed.", Abby replied gloomily, "Also he's not really my dad, just my step-dad."

"I knew that lad.", Daniel smiled.

Abby couldn't help herself but smile back.

"Abby, look!", Daniel pointed to the bright clouds above the lake, "I can see your Mama and Papa! On the clouds!"

Abby followed where her friend points and saw the two white figures above the clouds. She smiled and felt her heart lifted.

"I miss you too...", she said to the clouds.

"Blue...", Daniel mutters, "Going down your cheeks..."

Abby blinked and felt tears going down her face. She immediately wipes off her tears and spotted Daniel, dumbfounded.

"Indeed, blue...", Abby chuckles.

'Even her parents are gone, Abby is still positive and always seen them.', Daniel thought happily.

"Hey, how about we go to their graves again?", the hazel-haired girl stood up.

"Yeah, we should reserve this spot.", Abby stood up and noticed that the place where they lay down, has red and brown marks on the grass.

"Red and brown.", Daniel mutters.

"Let's go off from this forest."

Drizzle.

____