[Chapter 6]

"Wake up, babe!"

"Ah!"

Abby sprang awake.

"I adore your sleeping position. It's like, your face is resting on your arm while your other hand is holding your phone.", Daniel squeezes Abby's cheeks, "It feels so...amazingly red."

Abby rubs her eye, "Everything is red for you, lad."

Daniel grins evilly, "You're my red, babe."

"Please Dani, I understand your color talk but...I can sense that means something."

Daniel smiled wider.

"Oh my god, Dani don't tell me you're thinking that-"

"No, you silly! You're just cute, that's all.", Daniel hesitated, "And your work, babe. Are you gonna attend for this day or?..."

"OH, MY CHEESE I'M LATE!"

--

"Abby, thank god you're here.", a skinny male pierced the tip of the shovel into the ground, "How's the stone, lad?"

Abby lowers the handle of the wheelbarrow gently, then she thumbs up.

"Looks perfect. Now, let's lift this thing so we're done for this...", the male said as he grabbed the gravestone then Abby helped him.

The two lifted the stone away from the wheelbarrow and places the gravestone in its place. The two steps back to check if the gravestone is in the perfect place.

"Alright.", the male sighed, "I'm gonna have a smoke break, lad."

Abby just lets him go and returns the wheelbarrow in the shed of the cemetery. While walking down the path, she saw a large man standing on top of the grave beside her.

"You work here, young lady?", he asks.

'Um, yes.', Abby replied.

"Ahh, do you smoke? At least a single stick?"

Abby shook her head, as a no.

The large man smiled, "I'm proud of you, young lady. You must be conscious about smoking."

Abby looked down the grave where the large man is standing, she noticed that this grave was from the cancer victim.

'Is this...your grave?', Abby asked with suspicion.

The large man chuckles, "Ah yes, the good ol' fashion way on how heavy smokers die."

Abby lowers down her head, 'Lung cancer...'

"Hmm...is that your friend over there?"

Abby raises her head to the skinny male at the distance, smoking a cigarette under the tree.

'Yeah, we're working together on this job. His name is Ron.', she responded.

The large man frowns, "I hope he didn't end up like the others, but I guess it's his choice to do it for himself."

'Me too, mate.', Abby stares at Ron as he rubs the burnt filter on the tree and shoves the cigarette into his pocket.

As Ron picks up his shovel, he spotted Abby staring then she quickly turns around.

"Ey Abby, why are you lookin' at me like that?", he questioned loudly so Abby can hear. The mute girl turns her head back then shrugs at Ron. She immediately runs towards the shed with a wheelbarrow, for some reason.

--

"Dani, I'm home."

Abby walked into her humble home then kicked the door closed behind her. She lazily tossed her house keys on the wooden table aside then dropped her bag on the couch.

Then she noticed something...silent.

"Dani? Are you here?", Abby said. Her thoughts are still erupting with Daniel's name but on the outside, her expression begins to look anxious.

Oh my god...

Abby ran to every single corner of her house to check if her girlfriend is still around.

Nothing.

"Wait...", Abby said with her broken voice. She ran to the calendar posted in her living room, she checked each day if there are times where Daniel disappears or something.

Still nothing.