Chapter 5

Trigger warning: Suicide & Death

Louis pov

We were completely fine until two weeks later, Harry totally lost it. He was screaming and crying.

"I can't do this anymore!" Harry screamed at me out of nowhere.

"Harry, what are you talking about?"

"I can't go on like this. I don't want to pretend like I'm a good person when I killed someone. I can't keep up with this whole werewolf thing either. All we do is sleep and change and sleep and change. This isn't living! It's misery."

"Get ahold of yourself!"

"I might as well be dead!" Harry reached for my gun. I grabbed his wrists and removed the gun from his hand.

"Harry, no. Don't even think about saying that." I said, calmly.

"I don't want to live, Louis. When I die, your life will be just how it was. It'll be like I never existed. Everything will be perfect."

Before I could say anything, Harry broke out of my grip. He grabbed the gun. Harry cocked the gun, aimed it at his head and pulled the trigger. I didn't stop him.

The gun was unloaded.

Harry groaned in frustration. He flung open the front door and darted outside. He ran to the stream. I chased after him. God dammit! He's fast. Harry jumped into the water. I dove in. The water was cold. Harry sank to the bottom. I pulled him to the surface. "Go away, Louis." Harry pushed me away. I held onto him tightly. "Why won't you just let me be?" Harry screamed. "Your life will be just how you want it."

"You don't know what I want!" I shot back. Harry struggled to break free.

"You won't die like this, you fool!" I screamed. I pushed his wet hair out of his face. "Harry, listen to me!"

"Listen to me." Harry interrupted me.

"No, you listen to me! You're just going to drown and change but whenever you change, you're just going to be revived."

"Oh."

"Yeah!" I shouted.

Water poured over my head. I gasped for air but only water entered my lungs. I tried to swim to the surface but the current pushed me under. I kicked and paddled. My efforts were futile. It was like being anchored down. Bubbles swirled around me, mocking me as they floated to the surface while I was stuck underwater. The water rushed, dragging me along with it. I opened my eyes to see if there was anything I could grab onto. My eyes stung. I couldn't make out anything. Everything looked so blurry.

Something sharp hit my side. It was a huge log that fell into the stream. Half of it stuck out of the water. I pulled myself onto it. I crawled onto the bank. I choked. I swallowed the air.

Wait, where's Harry? Oh shit.

I ran along the banks, screaming his name frantically. I looked into the water. The water was bubbly. I could barely see a thing in there.

I saw Harry's head bob up out of the water. He gulped a mouthful of air before another splash of water covered him. I held my breath and dived into the water. I grabbed Harry. I was slammed against a rock. My skin tore. Blood seeped into the foamy white water. I moved along the rock so that we wouldn't be pushed further downstream. I moved Harry's body up onto the bank and lifted myself up.

Harry was unconscious. I slapped his face. "Harry, wake up." I said. He wasn't breathing. "Ugh! You, stupid child." Shivering and wet, I hauled his body back to my house.

Harry pov

I woke up in the forest. I vaguely recognised this place. I walked to Louis' house. He was already there. Louis looked towards me. He looks more excited to see me than I could ever imagine. He's usually poker-faced.

"Harry? Harry!" Louis ran towards me and jumped into a hug.

"Wait, I'm mad at you." Louis said, pushing me away from him.

"Don't you ever run out like that again!" Louis scolded.

"Why do you care?" I yelled back.

"Of course, I care!"

"You don't have to."

"What are you saying?"

I didn't reply. I made my way out but Louis slid in between me and the door.

"Harry, I didn't jump into cold water so that you can-"

"I never asked you to do that." I interrupted him.

Louis looked hurt. Guilt washed over me. "Fine. You ungrateful little shit! I let you into my home. I kept you safe." He took his gun and loaded it. "Since you want to die so badly, here, let me help you."

"Stop. Wait, Louis, n-!" Before I could finish what I had to say, I heard 3 gunshots. My mind went blank.