Chapter 14

Harry pov

I leaned on Louis' shoulder while he played with my hair. We waited for Liam. Louis' backpack leaned against the cold metal of the locker door.

Zayn walked past us. I mouthed "thank you" at him. He mouthed "you're welcome".

Zayn told Liam about the police tracking Louis and me down.

I saw Liam at one end of the corridor. Tina was there too. Liam motioned for us to follow him. We went to the lobby. Niall led us into the staff storeroom. I wanted to ask what we were doing here but I decided it was easier to trust them.

"Help me push this cabinet." Niall instructed. We did as told. There was a small hole in the ground.

"Go down there. Follow the tunnel. You'll end up on the other side of the fence about 100m away from here. Do you guys have torchlights?" Niall asked.

I shook my head. The only torchlight Louis had was a small LED light at the end of a pen and I doubt that still worked. Niall handed each of us a small torchlight.

"Guys, they're coming." Zayn burst through the door and locked it shut. Louis jumped into the hole, I went next and Liam followed behind. Zayn came with us as well. Tina came down last.

We ended up in a dark tunnel. I turned on my torchlight and shone it around. On one side, there was a dead end. On the other, the tunnel stretched beyond where the light could reach. Algae grew along the walls of the tunnel. There was a bad smell that wafted throughout but I ignored it. The air was humid.

I heard a loud screech echo throughout the tunnel, probably from Niall shifting the cupboard to cover the hole.

Zayn covered his earring with his hands. "I took out the contact but I can't get this dumb earring out."

"Hey, what happened to your lip?" I asked. It had a cut on it. No, it wasn't a cut. It was a bite. Zayn lightly brushed his finger against his mouth. He blushed slightly.

I'm guessing Liam did that. The man doesn't know how to be subtle with his heart eyes.

We walked along the tunnel. The sound of footsteps echoed. Zayn told me, while covering his earring, that the police splashed him with cold water and left him to freeze until he complied. Zayn later revealed Louis' and my whereabouts.

"You weak af!"I teased.

Zayn stared at the ground with a guilty look on his face. "Sorry," he muttered.

"Don't worry about it. I'm not mad." I shoved him playfully. I asked Liam and Tina why they wanted to follow us.

Tina said, "WOLF is so boring. I crave adventure."

We continued travelling down the seemingly endless tunnel. The hundred metres felt more like a hundred kilometres.

I heard a screech. It sounded like the cupboard being moved. Wait, why is the cupboard being moved?

"Run!" Niall's voice boomed. Immediately, we took to our heels and sped down the tunnel as fast as we could. Our feet slapped the ground with a loud noise as we ran. I heard footsteps of at least five other people. I turned around and was blinded by the bright lights behind me.

"Don't look back." Louis panted.

We made it to the end of the tunnel. I scaled the ladder on the wall. It was rusty and old with moss growing along the sides, making it terribly difficult to hold onto. I carefully made my way to the top. I opened the hatch and got out. The sky was already different shades of amber and indigo, which made me wonder how long we were actually in the tunnel.

We swerved our way in between the trees. We crouched down, hiding behind a bush to catch our breath.

Louis punched Zayn at the back of his head. His body fell, face first, onto the floor. I cussed at Louis. Liam screamed hysterically. I get why Louis would be cross at Zayn but this is definitely not how he should express his anger. Louis ignored both of us. I heard some people running towards us. Louis whipped out a pocket knife. The blade had lost its shine and was rusty at the edges.

Knocking him unconscious wasn't good enough for revenge?

I tried to pull Louis away from Zayn but Louis shoved me aside. Louis used the pocket knife to cut off Zayn's earlobe, along with the small microphone-embedded earring. He tossed the blood-covered piece of skin and metal over his shoulder.

I heard a shriek. "Holy crap! What's that? Ew, it's that guy's ear." Someone screeched.

I peered in between the thick foliage to see it was Officer Jackson.

Officer Knight headed straight towards us but we changed into our wolves before he could get to us. All he saw when he looked over the bush was a small pack of wolves who growled at him. He backed away slowly, fear-stricken.

The sun rose. We changed back to human-form. Zayn's ear was back to normal. He had the hole from his piercing but the microphone-cum-earring was gone.

"How did you know Zayn was going to turn into a wolf?" I demanded an answer from Louis.

"His lip. It's a bite. I bet it was Liam." Louis said. A small blush coated Zayn's cheeks.

"I thought it only works if you get bitten by a wolf." Liam said.

"It works when you get bitten by a werewolf. Newsflash: You're a werewolf." Louis said sarcastically.

We went to get the bags. The officers had long left the area after trying and failing to find us last night.

The police are off our tails for the moment. (pun intended)

But now what?