:.:ten:.:

me and camryn haven't spoken in a week. and in that week i've had a lot of time to think.

way too much time.

i scratched at my bandaged arm, and tried to find a tv channel to watch, when my doorbell rung.

i opened the door and there stood camryn. cheeks red and tear stained, eyes puffy, and hair a mess. she was wearing a skirt and a halter top, but her stocking print tights were ripped down the middle, almost all the way off of her legs. she looked at me with terrified eyes, and her whole body was shaking.

"camryn are you o-" she grabbed onto my shirt tightly and started sobbing.

"n-no," she hiccuped.

"come on," i picked her up bridal style, as she seemed too weak to walk, and sat on the couch with her in my lap.

"what happened?" i pushed the hair out of her face.

she blinked and a single tear came out of her left eye. i took my thumb and brushed it off. she almost smiled, but it seems like she couldn't bring herself to it.

"i-i don't want to talk ab-bout it," she cried.

"you don't have to, baby, you don't,"i hugged her tight in an effort of comforting her.

"h-he he-"

"shh, it's alright. you're with me now, i promise," i held her until she fell asleep, then put her into my bed.

i walked in the kitchen and made myself a coffee. i thought about what could've happened to her.

"what about you? live with anyone?" i had asked her, about two weeks ago, when she was over.

"yeah, actually. i live with my best friend rayna. we've known each other since the first grade. my glue stick accidentally got stuck in her hair," she giggled,"i don't know what i would do without her."

i looked at the coffee table, and saw her purse laying there. i grabbed it, and looked for her phone. i clicked the contact 'rayna baby' and called her.

"hey girl!" she answered enthusiastically.

"hi, um, is this rayna?"

"yes," she hesitantly answered,"and who might this be?"

"this is tyler, camryn's friend. i just wanted you to know that she's at my house and she's alright," i said.

"oh, okay. but she told me that she was just walking to 7-11?"

"i guess she found her way here" i felt guilty for not telling her what happened, but i didn't want to worry her. considering i don't even know what happened.

"ok, well thanks for calling. bye," she hung up and i put camryn's phone back in her purse.

hm, lying to another person, are we? way to go tyler, drive some more people away.

i didn't lie, i just didn't tell the entire truth. there's a difference.

sounds familiar, isn't that what derek said?

stop.

the same reason your dad was killed?