Part Two: Dan

Dan Howell was walking back to the apartment - well, ex apartment. He was going to get the last of his things. He hoped Phil wouldn't be there. Or Sam, Phil's significant other. He didn't like either of them, but nonetheless he was still happy for his friend. He wondered about many things as his dark silhouette cast creepy shadows onto buildings in evening sun. He wondered about many things: Why the sun is out in the day, and why we even bother to calculate time in this infinite plain where virtually anything and everything is pointless in the void that habits our planet, which could possibly be the only thing in the vastness of the universe that could habit the sensitive bodies of mankind? And also what the heck even makes colors, and why they dare be invented during this dark time in the world. *Cue existential crisis* No, but seriously. Dan was still upset about him moving out. Even though it was technically his decision.. But, now it meant he didn't have to live with anyone. He wouldn't have anyone eating his cereal at 4am. No more memories, no more silent tears, no more gazing across the wasted years.. Help me say goodbye..

His footsteps were drowned out by the traffic that surrounded him. Rush Hour. ugh! He started talking to himself, although it was not out loud, it was like he was talking to Phil. Like they had made up from that terrible fight from so long ago. The only reason he hadn't moved out sooner was because he didn't have a separate place to live. But, now he did, so he was getting all of his things from under his bed and behind the wardrobe and from anywhere he could remember having anything important. DanandPhilGAMES was now an inactive channel as Dan and Phil could no longer be together to make videos. They had tried a video "beaming" so to speak, but it kept failing and it wasn't convenient for Dan or Phil. 

Dan walked up the the apartment, and stood at the threshold. The key in his hand was shaking. He just stared at the doorknob. He blinked. Shook his head. And opened the door. He walked in and was immediately reminded of all of the good times. He kept walking. Slowly at first. But then, suddenly, he was attacked!! The attacker was small, but most people are compared to Dan's 6'3" stature. He screamed. He fell into a chair and then immediately fell out. He opened his eyes to find the motion censored air freshener. He felt stupid. He got up and started yelling at the canister. "You f***ing inanimate object!! You scared the sh*t out of me!! AHhh! ugh!" He exhaled and calmed down to the best of his ability. He went into the room that previously belonged to him, and started reminiscing on all of the videos, all of the old fun, and all of the old memories. They were gone. The memories, that is. Most of his videos were from that room so he couldn't just delete practically all of his videos! But, he couldn't also delete the fact that he missed the way of life he had with Phil. But he couldn't go back. Phil Lester was dead to him.

***

The landscape flew by in a blur. His head shook every time the taxi cab jostled the tiniest bit. The rest of his belongings were in the trunk and he was driving to his new home. His phone buzzed in his back pocket. He sat upright and looked at his phone. A text. It was from his new Landlord:

To: Dan H.   From: Erik D. 

Pertaining to our new rooming situation with you moving into La Plaza de Comfort we have some news. It seems that your apartment has been requested to share from another buyer. We have allowed them the opportunity to live with you for two months. If you do not like them, you can kick them out since you have paid the money to stay here alone. We are terribly sorry that this is last minute, but, the buyer needed a place to stay and offered to pay half of the rent, so we are allowing them to stay with you. Thank you for your time, money, and cooperation.         ~ La Plaza de Comfort management

Dan was upset at first, but then he thought that it wouldn't be too bad. After all, he would have someone to become friends with! But he didn't really like people... That might be a problem.. Oh well! It would help him adjust to the new surroundings. The taxi stopped. He paid the taxi man and got his things from the trunk of the car. He wheeled it in on a cart and went up to his new apartment.

*STOMP!* The final blow. The body had gone flat. He picked it up and dragged it to the dumpster. he dusted his hands off, removing the sticky substance from his large hands. It was now all disposed and out of his way. He went upstairs and washed his hands off properly. Nothing was left of the cardboard box that carried his things to the apartment. No more cardboard boxes = officially moved in! His new flatmate was due to move in in about a day or two. SO, he needed to seem well put together. He had all of the things laid out nice and neat, but with enough room so his new flatmate can put their things on shelves and on tables and on walls and things of that nature.

It's been a few weeks since Dan was living with his new housemate. They had lots to talk about. They were interested in the same things which helped. But, he couldn't get over the fact that his new housemate had a striking resemblance to Phil, and even himself. It was kind of creepy. But it was cool. They were in a relationship. Farther than Dan. Their name: Sam.