Part Eight: Dan

Dan shot awake after hearing Phil scream. He wanted to quite him down, but Phil was flooded with emotions. Phil was upset. So very upset. Sam had left, but Dan was there. The nightmares were growing steadily worse. Dan had the nightmares as well. They came out of nowhere , intruding his visions of memories long past. Seeping in like dark, black oil into the mind that was only made of water. The oil flew to the top of the dreams, turning them black within seconds. The dark sea creatures came and they wanted Dan. They wanted him to hurt. They succeed. With every fiber of his being, every night he fought and fought to keep his sanity in line. And every night, the monsters got stronger, bending the lines into utter insanity. Dan was slowly falling down a rabbit hole, but with his feet, still firmly planted on the earth.

The world wasn't real. It was just another plain that was created for the insignificance of the Human Race. It had. No. Real. Purpose. Dan knew this. He was slowing down and not processing anything because he was too busy blaming himself for what was slowly but surely happening to Phil. It was getting to him. He barely slept. He barely ate. He barely drank. He lost a lot of weight. It wasn't healthy. He would only eat in front of Phil to make it seem as if he was ok. But after Phil went and locked himself into the room, Dan would force himself to take the food out of his stomach. He didn't want to eat. It made him feel......ugly. Or shameful. Or just disgusting. It was not the feeling he had hoped to feel when he was finally with Phil, and had him all to himself.