Part Six: Sam

Sam packed their bags. Everything from their apartment with Dan. They didn't need this. Sam and Phil broke off their relationship. Sam knew how much Phil loved Dan. They were willing to let them be together. They left a note on the table along with the key to the room.

To: Dan  

I am terribly sorry. But I have to leave. Unbeknownst to me, you and Phil have a deeper connection than I ever planned to have with him. Even though I planned to spend the rest of my life with him, I know you two would be much happier without me in your life. So, I am removing myself from your life. Forget you ever knew me. I know it might seem like I'm overreacting.. But I assure you, you will be better off without me in your life and be constantly reminded of the trouble that I caused. I am terribly sorry that it had to come to this. But, all things happen for a reason right?

From, now a mere stranger,
Sam

The letter was written in Sam's perfect handwriting. The note had a few water marks where tears had fallen. Other than that, it was pristine and perfect. Just how Sam loved it. They got their bags and left the room.

They pressed the button for the elevator. And waited. The doors opened. Empty. Just like the heart that had been broken only a mere night ago. Sam stepped into the elevator. The doors closed. And the tears were no longer help back. They streamed down like a waterfall on their face. They had left for good. No going back. It was all over. The feeling was stronger than the demons in their head screaming to just quit. The hard shell of love had been smashed and was now missing pieces. It was never going to be full again. Sam knew this. They accepted this. Wiped the tears. Put on sunglasses. Left the elevator. And then the apartment building. The taxi was already there waiting for Sam. Sam handed the guy the money and told him to drive to the airport. Sam was leaving for good. And no one was going to change their mind. It was over. Nothing was left for them here. Yes, there are plenty of fish in the sea.. But there are only a few prized catches. But sometimes, you have throw them back...