Part Seven: Phil

Phil walked Dan home to his new apartment. He was upset and a bit worried that Sam hasn't called or left a message. But, Sam could wait. He could explain that Dan was injured and he needed help and so that's why he was unavailable. Yeah. Dan had fallen down the stairs and whacked his head pretty hard, and then landed on his back, causing more damage. He had had a pretty bad concussion and couldn't remember the name of his YouTube Channel (Danisnotonfire)
Phil got the keys. They felt cold in his hands. He inserted the key into the keyhole and opened the door. He helped Dan in, even though he insisted that he was fine. Dan took a seat on the couch and Phil threw the keys onto the table, but he overshot so they fell off, taking a piece of paper with them. The keys crashed to the floor. The paper flew under the fridge. Dan asked if anything was wrong and if he could be of any assistance since Phil had been such a big help. Phil refused the request and then retrieved the pale from under the fridge. He looked it over and thought nothing of it until he notices the swirls and ink splatters and rhythmic circles and swoops and dashes. He would recognize that handwriting anywhere. He had it sent to him every month in a nice lilac envelope just like the one the paper was sitting on top of. He nearly dropped the paper. Phil looked around the apartment. It seemed more roomy that he thought. He asked Dan if he shared the space with anyone. He replied with a nod and stating that he had a roommate named Sam. And that Phil was dating Sam. And la de da, Dan stated babbling and Phil had to cut him off. The letter was from Sam. Dan, nor Phil had received any notice of where Sam was going or any text or email stating that they were leaving. Nothing but a note. Only one, single piece of paper.
To: Dan

I am terribly sorry. But I have to leave. Unbeknownst to me, you and Phil have a deeper connection than I ever planned to have with him. Even though I planned to spend the rest of my life with him, I know you two would be much happier without me in your life. So, I am removing myself from your life. Forget you ever knew me. I know it might seem like I'm overreacting.. But I assure you, you will be better off without me in your life and be constantly reminded of the trouble that I caused. I am terribly sorry that it had to come to this. But, all things happen for a reason right?

From, now a mere stranger,
Sam

Phil dropped to his knees. This was not intended for his eyes. But for Dan's. Dan turned around to see Phil on the floor. His face flushes in a fluorescent shade of faded fuchsia. He was holding the note in his hand and his fists were clenched tight, shaking. Dan stood up and started to walk near a belittled Phil. Phil stood up. Hands smashed on the table. Heavy breathing. Sweat.

"DAMMIT!! God, how could I have been so stupid.!? DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!"

Fists flew into the table. And then to his hair. Messing it up with his violent hands. Dan stepped away. He didn't want to be hit by Phil, again. Phil sat abruptly into a seat. Face in hands and sobbing. He was jabbering on in barely audible gibberish. Dan noticed the note on the floor. Torn and rumpled. He read it. Shock was the only feeling in his mind. Had he caused this? He couldn't've. Could he?

"P-Phil? D-did I cause this?? Did I do this to you!?"

"Dan. You must know this. This is all that matters now." He was crying now. Tears came streaming down his face. He had lost something he couldn't replace.

"I want you to know this, Dan. I love you. I always have. I know now I always will. Sam was-- Sam was-- Oh Sam... I loved you too much for him to stay... It's my fault... It's all my fault!"

Dan was at a loss for words. Everything was blue. His eyes, his tears, his feelings. Phil was no longer a Happy Little Phil. Phil was broken. And all of the pieces couldn't be replaced.

Darkness. The moon rose shining what seemed to be the only light of his life since that night. Phil stated out of his window. He glanced over to see a sleeping person. Chest exposed.  Dark brown hair on his emotionless face was tangled and a mess. At least Dan could sleep. Phil couldn't stop rethinking and rethinking everything that went wrong. And everything he could have done to make it right.  He couldn't stop thinking. The little demons were running around like they were all high. And the drugs were the sadness in his soul. Like Unicorns for half-bloods. Absolutely phenomenal in strength, but then leaving you feel empty. So you keep at it. You need it to live. And if you stop, you'll die..

Phil was done staring out into the black abyss. He got back into bed with Dan, and tried to sleep. A dream.:.

Oh Phil, there never was a better king of the universe.. Quite you peasant!! Don't talk to the kind king that way!! The lights flashed. Sam appeared. He smiled. Grabbed his hand. Ran into the forest. Pinned him against a tree and started to kiss Phil. Eyes closed. Awakening. And not being against the tree. It was Dan. It was raining. He screamed. Dan ran. A broken record. Static. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The clock would never stop!! Tick. Tock. Clip. Clop. Tick. Tock. Clip. Clop. The clock would never stop! Hands. Hitting the ground. Sam. Calling to him. Stop you're scarring me!! I can't help this feeling. You should be afraid of me!! I'm not in control. End. Light. Darkness, once again.