Chapter 1: A Distraction

Lia's POV

"UGH where is she?" I said while kicking over a rusty old trash can.

I was supposed to be meeting this one girl named Emily at my school. Apparently, she wanted to get some drugs I stole from this drug dealer. Of course I said yes I do need the money after all. Emily was a slut to be honest. All she cared about was drugs, alcohol and boys. I've been waiting for her in this dark ally for 15 minutes and she's still not here.

"That's it I'm leaving."

I came home and realized that Maddie's bedroom door was open. Quickly, I ran inside only to see Maddie tied up to a chair and unconscious. There was a note taped to her forehead. It said:

Don't think I didn't see you flirting with MY boyfriend Ian. Hope you learned your lesson ;)

-Emily xoxo

I ripped the note into pieces and untied Maddie to put her on her bed. "Damn that girl." I said with a scowl. It was a good thing it was Saturday because I didn't want to beat the living daylights out of Emily when I see her.

I should've never had trusted her. I thought

flashback-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was listening to music until I saw Emily's boyfriend walking towards me.

"Hey wanna hang out some time?" Ian said with a smirk.

"No go hang with your girlfriend. Now leave me alone."

"Whatever your no fun."

I looked at Emily and she was sending me a glare as if she wanted to kill me. I just rolled my eyes and continued to listen to my music.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was cleaning Maddie's cuts on her face until I heard the doorbell. I got up to answer the door downstairs.

I opened the door only to see Maddie's boyfriend at the door.

"Oh hi Nathan...." I knew he was gonna go ballistic once he found out Maddie was hurt.

"Hey where the hell is Maddie?"

"Oh her umm....."

"Lia cut the crap tell me where she is NOW."

"S-she is in her bedroom...." Hearing this, Nathan walked straight up to Maddie's room without even glancing at me. Once Nathan took a good look at her he turned to face me.

"LIA WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MADDIE!"

"It wasn't my fault I swear! It was this one girl named--" I was cut off by Nathan.

"Lia I don't give a damn who did it. It's your fault for not watching over her! Where were you anyways?!" At this point Nathan was sending me a strong glare.

" I-I was selling...."

"Go on!"

"I was trying to sell drugs to the girl that did this to Maddie. I guess it was a distraction..."

"Lia WTF! That's illegal why would you do that?! Do you understand what you did?!"

"I'm sorry! I really am I didn't know it would turn out this way! I just needed the money."

"Lia if you need money get a f*cking job or something! And you call yourself her bestfriend!"

I looked up at Nathan when I heard his last words. I had on a hurt expression and started to tear up. Usually I don't ever cry, but when it comes to Maddie someone I truly care about I do.

I ran out the room with tears running down my face. I left the house to go to the spot I always go to. The park. There was a small pond and a bench where I go to think about things.

I sat down and started to think about what Nathan said.

And you call yourself her bestfriend!

"I am...... I am her bestfriend......." I whispered to myself.

I heard rustling in the bushes and looked to my left.

"Who's there come out now or I'm coming to you!"

I saw a dark figure run away but I couldn't see who it was since the tears in my eyes made my vision blurry. I decided not to run after it because I wasn't in the mood too. I sat there and kept playing Nathan's words in my head.

Nathan's POV

I realized what I said to Lia and automatically I felt guilty. Then I saw the hurt that built up in her face and then she ran out the room with tears in her eyes.

"Wait! Lia! Sh*t I'm sorry!"

I decided to let her be she usually comes back to the house after she cools down a bit. I sat on the side of the bed and waited for Maddie to wake up. Eventually, I dozed off into the darkness.

***

A/N Thanks for reading Chapter 1 of Addiction!! You'll get the meaning of the name later on in the book...hopefully :)  I'm not the best story writer so just bare with me I promise the story will get better in the future. K byeeeeee!!!!