Chapter 19: The Big Bad Nathan

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in forever!!! I was super busy with school and stuff. I went to California on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I was planning on updating on those days but I never had the time to... oops... Anyways, enjoy the story!

***

Lia's POV

I watched her as she stormed away to find Nathan.

Uh oh...

Not good.

Nathan is like my brother and he'll do anything to get my problems outta me. He'll get it out of me whether I like it or not.

My eyes widened and I slipped into my class before Nathan could reach me. He knows what class I'm in and he should be here any second. He has strict parents and if they found out he was late or missed a class he should be expecting an earful when he gets home. I sat down with a blank expression on my face hoping the professor wouldn't call me out. I hate it when I try to keep to myself and some stupid ass professor has to ruin that.

I didn't even bother paying attention to the lesson. I know most of the crap he's teaching us.

What?

You though I was stupid? Just because I may seem bad doesn't mean I don't care about my education. My mom always wanted me to be successful in life. Even with my idiotic father. I wouldn't want to let her down.

I wonder when Nathan would try to lecture me about not telling him my problems.

"-don't forget to study. Big test is tomorrow so be ready." said Mr. Connors

Then the bell rang causing me to jump a bit.

Time to avoid Nathan and the others. Nathan has an eye like a hawk, so I better watch out.

I was speed walking to my next class bumping into a few students not bothering to apologize. They should have moved out of the way. I was about to do a happy dance when I saw my classroom until someone yanked my arm into the janitors closet.

I cussed and tried to free myself.

Nope didn't work, guess I'm stuck.

I was pushed into the janitors closet and I heard the door slam shut.

I sighed and prepared myself for what was to come.

"Lia, I told you I would tell Nathan. You should have just told me the truth." Maddie said.

I stayed silent.

"Lia." Said a firm voice.

"Heh heh.. hey Nathan how ya doin?" I said nervously.

"Cut the crap Lia. What's up with you? Why do you look like shit?" Nathan said.

"Gee... thanks for the compliment.." I muttered sarcastically.

"Lia." Nathan said warningly.

"Ok! Ok! I'm like this because-" I cut myself off

What would he do once I tell him? Would he kill Michael? Will he tell me not to hang out with him? Well, that second option doesn't sound too bad...

But anyways!

I should tell him the truth he is like my brother after all.

"I'm like this because... because of Michael."

Nathan and Maddie's face turned into one of confusion.

"Lia. What did he say?" Maddie said.

"Well, he is one of the reasons why I'm like this. The other is that my nightmares came back..."