Chapter 5: Michael & Carter

Lia's POV

After I saw the dark figure run away I decided to go to bed. To many things occurred today and I'm wondering if I will get out of this situation.

Before I go to bed I took the locket off my neck and held it in my hand. I opened the locket to see the picture of me and my mom.

Mom I miss you. I don't know if I'll get out of this situation... Sophie changed... please help me mom.

I let the tears fall from my eyes as I remembered when I was once happy. When dad wasn't so... cruel. But the past is past. Some say to forgive and forget, but I will never forgive my dad and I will never forget what he did.

I became more angry the more I remembered when my family broke into millions of pieces. Mom... she was gone. Dad... I left him. Sophia... I left her.

I wondered what would've happened if I hadn't left dad. I guess I'll never know. As time passed by I let the darkness consume me and fell asleep.

Stranger's POV

I woke up and let the sun light blind me. Yesterday I saw Lia she was... beautiful.

What the heck?!

I just met the girl and I-

My thoughts were cut off when me when my bestfriend Carter came running through the front door.

"Dude!"

I sat up off my bed and walked in the living room to talk to a very annoying Carter.

"What! I'm tryin to get some sleep but a certain someone is keeping me from doing that!"

"Oh... my bad bro. But I have some news."

"What is it?" I said while sitting on the couch next to him.

"Did you know that witch finally found that one girl......"

"Lia? Yeah I know I saw her she was... dang."

"Heh. Looks like someone's got a little crush."

I smacked the back of his head.

"Shut up dude but don't you think we should... ya know..."

Carter raised an eyebrow.

"Go on."

"Ya know... like help her. We both know what Sophia will do to her. She'll be dead by next week."

Carter smirked.

"So you wanna help her huh?"

"Yes dude that's exactly what I'm saying. Are you that stupid."

"What?! No I-"

I stood off the couch and walked to the kitchen.

"Ok whatever you say."

I decided to cook some eggs and toast for me and Carter.

"Hey Michael don't you remember Lia Jones from elementary school. Dude you had the biggest crush on her."

Carter was laughing while I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Carter."

"Yeah what's up?"

"Shut up."

Carter chuckled and decided to go on his phone.

"Dude let's see if she has an Instagram!"

"Hmm I don't think she-"

"I found her!"

Immediately I ran towards Carter to see Lia's Instagram.