Chapter 20: Michael's Realization

Michael's POV

It has been 1 month.

1 month since me and Lia had that argument. I think I'm starting to regret it to be honest...

I can't even remember why I was mad.

I mean...

I think I might know.

I just don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Lia's POV

1 month.

1 freaking month. This has literally been the most uncomfortable month ever. The dang fool lives in my house and I have to avoid him. Well, not exactly really.

In the mornings, after about 2 weeks after our argument, we would mumble small 'good mornings' or 'hello's...'

It was the most awkward time of the day. We both aren't sure if we should even forgive each other. Weird how one small stupid argument can totally destroy a friendship.

"Lia hello? You good?"

I shook my head and blinked multiple times. Had I spaced out?

"Huh? Oh... yeah I'm all good." I said.

Matthew smiled.

I know what you might be thinking.

Why am I with Matthew you may ask?

Well, ever since me and Michael stopped being close, me and Matthew started talking again. He understood me and my problems, so he helped me through them.  

I learned to forgive Matthew for his stupid ways. He has been a really great friend to me for the past few days.

Matthew chuckled.

"You know, you still space out a lot. Even when we were in a relationship you still space out, but it doesn't bother me... not even the slightest bit." He said smiling at me.

I returned the smile.

"How could I ever change? I love me Matt." I said while laughing slightly.

Matthew laughed with me.

I missed these times.

The times where I can be so carefree and laugh a little. Of course, I can do that with Maddie and Nathan. Maddie and Nathan don't really seem like they need me to interfere with their relationship, so I give them their space.

Matthew glanced at his watch and looked back up at me.

"C'mon let's get you back home. It's getting late." Matthew said while standing up giving me a hand.

I gladly took his hand and he pulled me up. We continued to enjoy the stars on the way back to his car.

When we reached his car he opened the door for me and I stepped in. He got in while starting the engine and turning on the radio.

I smiled and laughed while I heard Matthew singing to the song.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea. I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever found yourself lost in the dark, and you can't see. I'll be the light to guide you." He sang.

I decided to sing along too.

"Find out what we're made of. When we are called to help our friends in need..." I trailed of while looking at Matthew.

Then we both sang at the same time.

"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3. I'll be there. And I know when I need it. I can count on you like 4, 3, 2. You'll be there. Cause that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah." We both sang.