Chapter 14: Ex's

Picture of what Michael looks like!!

Enjoy the story!!

***

Lia's POV

I can't let Jessica get into my head. Not now not ever.

I kept punching the punching bag until I felt someone's presence behind me. I didn't bother looking who it was I needed to let my anger out. I kept punching the punching bag until whoever it was spoke. Eventually, someone cleared their throat and I immediately stopped.

"Lia can we talk?"

I knew who's voice that belonged to. Michael.

I turned around to see Michael's face. He glanced down at my knuckles and gasped at the sight of them.

I was breathing heavily while I was patiently waiting for him to speak. I could see his gaze on my chest and to be honest, it made me uncomfortable.

I got a bit impatient so I decided to speak.

"You wanted to talk?"

Michael immediately looked up to meet my eyes.

"Uh yeah its about..."

He stopped and looked a bit hesitant so I helped him continue.

"It's about... what?"

"Its about Jessica."

I sighed because I knew I would have to tell him eventually. So why not do it now?

I walked over to the white outdoor chairs and sat down. He followed and sat next to me.

Should I really tell him?

I looked at Michael and he nodded at me telling me to tell him the story now.

I cleared my throat.

"It all started in high school."

I stopped and continued.

"Me and Jessica used to be bestfriends as crazy as that sounds. She didn't look like she did now. She used to dress in sweats and hoodies. She was fun, silly and kind. Little did I know that was all an act. At least that's what I thought. We became bestfriends when we first met. I guess we just clicked... We would do everything together. We even went on vacation together. Our favorite vacation spot was near the lake. We had the best times there. We were inseparable until one day."

I clenched my fists as I remembered that day. The day I changed.

"She was avoiding me for about a week. The next week I went to school was the biggest humiliation of my life. She was wearing a bunch of make up, wore clothes that barely even fit her and she was hanging with the jocks and cheerleaders. I went over to her and she was pretending that I didn't even exist. She told me and I quote, 'to fuck off and don't ever talk to her again'. I was angry she was the only one I trusted. I changed. I became more moody and I still lived with my dad. He wasn't the best so I never had anyone love me. That was until I ran away and lived with Maddison. We were still friends and when I told her the situation I was in she accepted me. I never forgot about what Jessica did to me. I know people say forgive and forget, but I just can't forgive Jessica she made high school a living hell for me."

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes but held them back. Why waste them on a bitch like Jessica.

I felt Michael's hand rubbing my back. It felt comforting his hand was so warm-

What is up with me? I don't need to be comforted I can handle myself. I am no weakling.

"I'm sorry..." Michael said still rubbing my back