Cursed

My mother died during my birth. I don't know if my father ever really forgave me for that. It was hard on him.

I spent most of the first two years of my life, living with my mom's sister because my father blamed me for his wife's death.

However, eventually my dad met somebody else and decided that he should be in my life. So when I was 2, he took me back.

I lived with him, his new wife, and her three daughters. Being an inexperienced parent, my father allowed my step-mom to make the rules- which stunk because since I was not hers, I was treated poorly.

My curfew was always before the girls, I had an earlier bedtime, I wasn't allowed to go out or have friends over very often because "boys are too destructive."

Really the only friends I had were my step-sisters. I was very fortunate that they liked me. Being the youngest, they always treated me like a baby but at least it was positive interaction.

The would let me join them in their tea parties, playing house, and their favorite thing- playing volleyball.

Those are about the only things that I did outside of school and homework.

School was tough because I was always getting picked on. I was really short and slim, so I always got picked last in gym class; rightfully so because I was bad at every sport. I could hold my own in volleyball which only added to the things that the boys would pick on me about.

Since I was bad a sports, you'd figure I was a nerd but that wasn't true either. I always struggled with school- having to work for every C I got.

Clothes wise, I only was able to shop from the sales rack or goodwill even though the girls got designer clothes.

My father really never stepped in to stop the favoritism. One, because he though his new wife new best and two, he was never around. He travelled for work so I barely got to see him.

This was the norm all they way up to the end of my seventh grade year.

During that summer, I was sitting at home as I normally do, when one of the girls answered the phone. My father had gotten into an accident on one of his trips and passed away.

Although I really never got to see him, I was devastated. To make things worse, my step-mom said she couldn't take care of me without him so after 11 years of living with them, I would be getting a new family.

I was shipped a few states over to once again live with my aunt, who had a daughter of her own now.