Locker Room Talk

One day in gym, we were doing a sit-up test. I was one of the last ones, so I got into the locker room late. Miranda was coming out of the shower and was right next to me. Normally we didn't see each other in the locker room because she showered and I had gotten really good at quick changing and getting out as fast as possible. I would stand as close to locker as possible, hiding my bulge and quickly pulling off my shorts and pulling up my skirt while still bent over.

As I quickly pulled up my skirt, Miranda called my name. I looked over and saw her standing completely naked. "I have a question and I don't want you to take offense to it." she said as I turned back and quickly replaced my gym top with my school top. I said okay, not sure what she was about to say.

"Why do you still wear little kid underwear?" she asked. I didn't know what to say and she continued. "I heard Meg talking the other day, making fun of the new girl for wearing little underoos." I was still at a loss for words, not because I was embarrassed but more because I didn't really know what she was talking about.

"What do you mean?" I ended up asking. She was now standing in front of me in her underwear.

"Well, I mean look at me..." she was wearing a black lace thong and had a matching bra- she looked really good. "... and look at you" she said, lifting my skirt. Instinctively, I pushed down the front, covering my secret. She then just pulled up from the back, revealing my underwear.

They were blue cotton, with orange elastic. The words, "Cool", "Be You", and "Yay!" in cartoon font were scattered among donuts, hearts, roller skates, and an emoji girl face.

"I haven't worn underwear like that since like 6th grade." she continued. I started to turn beat red.  "Plus, I don't even think that is a sports bra." she said, pointing at my chest.

"It is." I defended. I had no idea, but I felt attacked.

"It is a training bra. It didn't clip in the back and it had a little bow right in the middle like my little sisters" She responded. I put my head down.

"I mean it is cute but cute for kids not for us." she finished. She put her arm around me, realizing I was ashamed. "How about after school we go shopping at the mall this weekend, I need some new clothes anyways" she laughed.

While I would like to make a new friend, I didn't want to go underwear shopping with a girl- in case she found out that I wasn't. So I told her I was busy this weekend but maybe a different one.

The rest of the day, when I saw girls looking at me, I pulled my skirt down-thinking that is what they were talking about. So that night, I brought up the issue with my Aunt. She apologized and said that she didn't even think about that, as April didn't need that stuff. She said that she didn't even know what girls my age were wearing and she would take me shopping on Sunday. She admitted that Moms always try to keep their girls little for as long as possible but she understands that little girls eventually grow up, while kissing me on the forehead.

As I stood up from the couch, it was very apparent my pull-up was wet. I pulled my skirt down, hiding it. I walked into our room, grabbing a change. I took off my school outfit- including my bra- and changed into my pajamas. I also wasn't entirely sure what girls my age were wearing but I was going to find out.