Chapter Six

His name ringed in my mind continuously as I went to school. Jasper. I had given him another three packs of Skyflakes Crackers and two bottles of water before leaving a while ago. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry because of school, so I wasn't able to stay and chat a bit longer.

I, surprisingly, was able to perform my best on my Filipino quiz a while ago. Despite having only three to four hours of sleep, it was a blessing that I was still on my senses. I felt satisfied that I didn't have to worry about not being able to sleep at night. It was a good feeling that paranoia would be crossed out from my list of things to worry about at night.

I dropped by the nearest 7-11 store before returning home. I got a variety of food. From crackers to oreos to even tiny cans of sausage and tuna.

"Woah, you went shopping today." My mom greeted as I walked through the Dining Area. She was sitting on one of the chairs while browsing through her computer.

"Uh, yeah, I was craving for these."

My mom examined the bag quickly, "That's an odd craving."

I nodded, "I think I'll be having my period soon."

"Ah," She nodded.

I walked past her and started placing some of the food in their proper place, leaving two cans of sausages with me. I also took hold of a plastic fork.

"By the way El," She called out to me, "The priest confirmed a while ago. He said he'll be coming over by Wednesday."

I completely stopped in my tracks.

"I- Uh- Uhm-"

Oh no.

"Is there anything wrong sweetie?"

Yes, yes, and yes.

I shook my head to deny, "I don't think we need a priest anymore."

"Huh? Why not?"

I needed to think of a decent and quick lie. Before telling her about the crazy thing I discovered, I think it's reasonable if I confirm certain things first. I went up to her, hiding behind my back the plastic where the sausages were. "It doesn't disturb me anymore ever since it went crazy the last time." I managed to spill out.

"Are you sure sweetie?" She paused, "I actually think I heard banging last night."

Great, now she hears it when I do it?

"Just pray before you go to bed mom, you won't hear it again."

I went immediately up the staircase to avoid any possible conversations that could lead to anything unlikely. I placed my bags down and switched into my house clothing a.k.a shorts and a loose top. My feet automatically found its way into the bathroom. I switched on the lights and crouched down the hole.

"Ghosty boy?"

It sounded like he had already been waiting in the hole, "Oh, Hi! Welcome back!" His voice was already coming from the part of the wall where the hole was, "You know you're eventually going to stop calling me that." He laughed.

I took my position and sat down the floor and talked to the wall. "I know, I'm just savouring my last few moments."

"Don't have too much fun Eleanor" He joked, and suddenly I felt my whole body rush with joy. I'm thrilled by the fact that he didn't sound as down as he did last night.

"Oh by the way!" I remembered the cans of sausage I brought up with me. I hurriedly went back to my room and took the plastic I had put them in. I went back to my position and reached the first can out with the fork, "Here."