Chapter Thirteen

The room immediately struck recognition in my head. A foul scent instantly took over my nose and it seemed like a stench that would probably just circulate in such a confined space. I gave a quick scan of the eerie looking room before setting my eye back on him.

Jasper stood there, his gaze pacing back and forth from the hole in his ceiling and to me on the floor. He was evidently shocked as I am. My other unhurt arm tried to push me up from the floor, but all I did was hit my face back on the cold ground.

It was a matter of time until Jasper had fully grasped what happened and rushed towards me. He grabbed me by both arms and lifted me up carefully. "Here, I got you," Even in this awful situation, the tone in his voice still managed to be surprisingly composed.

I held onto his arms and let myself crash on him when I was able to stand on both feet. He noticeably reeked of sweat and body odor, but that didn't make me let go of the hug. He stood several inches taller than me that my head buried into his chest perfectly. "I finally found you." I hugged him tighter, ignoring the fact that his stench was passing onto my skin. He hugged back.

Being in his arms was surreal. Finally, after all these weeks of communicating, we meet like two internet best friends who are seeing each other for the first time. The only difference was; we met through a hole in my bathroom wall. The feelings, however, and the extreme emotions were no doubt, authentic.

It only took a matter of minutes until our delight was crushed into pieces. We did find each other, but we didn't exactly get him out of here.

We were only trapped together.

I broke away from the hug, "Now what?"

He looked me in the eyes and it was something undeniably different. These were the eyes that I've been missing out on this whole time. Even under this dimly lit room, I could vividly see the brown in his eyes. And together with the color in his orbs, was hope. I could clearly point out that he was joyful to see me here. I was happy too.

"We do this together." He answered with a smile, even though I knew that falling through the hole just placed us both into a terrible and probably more difficult position.

I was absent-mindedly gripping my aching left elbow when Jasper eventually took notice. "Does it hurt?" He asked, referring to my arm.

I nodded my head, "It really does. Is it dislocated?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

He held my elbow in his hand to confirm, "It doesn't feel dislocated, but just to be sure, don't move it around too much. You probably just sprained your arm." I sighed in relief.

"Okay," I looked down. "Thanks."

When I raised my head back up, I caught his eyes staring back at me. I flashed him a smile as I obliviously took notes of his physical appearance. He was noticeably unhealthy and his eyes looked deep into his sockets. The bags under his eyes were distinct and dark like he hadn't slept in years. I secretly felt pity for him. His dark hair was long and messy while he wore a grey shirt that was covered in all sorts of stains. I could effortlessly tell how much weight he'd lost from the way his shirt fell limp on his body.

"You're as pretty as I imagined."

Really? After judging him in my head?

Blood rose up to my cheeks and I was trying my utter best to prevent myself from smiling like a fool. I failed anyway. "Oh shut up, Lockwood."

"Hey! You know I don't like getting referred to as my dad's name."

I flashed him a teasing smile and started looking around the room. I let my hands graze the rough, unpainted walls and inspected each bump. In our situation, I believe we finally have a reasonable excuse to break the wall down. I lightly threw punches at the wall just to test out how effective it was to crack a hole. Unfortunately, I gave it a few smacks then instantly felt a sharp ache.