Chapter 9

"Oh god, what was that?" Lauren questioned rhetorically as she stepped out of the car to check under the hood. 

"Here I'll help." Camila offered, joining Lauren at the front of the car. 

"What do you think is wrong with it?" Camila asked as Lauren fiddled around in the engine. 

"Honestly I have no idea. I know nothing about cars." 

"Yeah me either."

"Here I'll call my parents." Lauren said reaching into the car's console to grab her phone. Neither of Lauren's parents answered the phone. 

"Well I dont really know what to do." Lauren said defeated. 

"We can either walk home or we can stay here and I'll call my parents to come pick us up." Camila offered.  

"I mean you said your parents were at a meeting out of town right?" Lauren asked. 

"Yeah but I mean it would only be like an hour and half to two hours." 

"Im sure in Miami that wouldve been fine but here in Greatsville we have this thing called wild animals. So its probably not the best idea to stay in one spot for two long. Plus the walk from here to our street isnt that long so we should be fine." Lauren stated.

"Yeah I bet youre right but what about your car?" Camila asked. 

"I'll just lock it up and tomorrow I'll call a tow to come pick it up." 

"Alright then. Um you are going to have to lead the way because I kind of dont know how to get back to my house yet." 

"Oh yeah thats perfectly fine just stay on the side of the road. So we dont get run over by a car." Lauren said chuckling a little. Lauren immediately felt a need to be protective over Camila. So Lauren walked on Camila's left side so if any reckless driver were to come bounding down the road Camila would be safe.