Chapter 2

"Hey let me help you with that," Lauren offered. The new girl gestured to her locker as an invitation to help. Lauren hit the locker twice. Once on the top left corner the other time in the middle.

            "Now try it," Lauren suggested. The girl pulled on the handle and it opened smoothly.

            "Wow, how did you know that would work?" the newbie inquired.

            "When you have been going here for two years you learn a couple of things." Lauren chuckled. The girl smiled nervously in return. Lauren could sense that the girl wasn't used to making light conversation.

            "Well I should probably get going. It was nice meeting you... uhh?" Lauren wondered what the girl's name was.

            "Camila. It's uh Camila. It was nice meeting you too... um?"

            "Lauren." The dark-haired girl responded.

            "Ah Lauren. Well thanks for helping." Camila said gesturing towards her now empty locker. Having just gotten all her books and notebooks for English class out.

            "No problem. Well I guess I'll see you around?" Lauren half stated half asked.

            "Yeah definitely" Camila responded smiling.

            "Great. Well bye."

            "Bye" Camila waved. Lauren turned around and walked back to Dinah and Normani just as the warning bell sounded out signaling one minute until their next class started. As she walked up Dinah asked,

            "What was that?"

            "Nothing. I just wanted to help. She couldn't open her locker. She's new and I didn't want her to embarrass herself."

            "Wow. Aren't you friendly this year."

            "Yeah I guess. It was just something I don't know. I'm going to invite her to sit with us at lunch. She seems very nervous and I kind of want to know more about her." Lauren started.

            "Yeah sounds like fun I'm down to make a new friend," Normani said.

            "Me too." Dinah seconded.