Chapter 4

Just as Lauren was about to ask Camila how she liked Greatville so far, when the captain of the soccer team walked over. He has had the biggest crush on Lauren since freshman year. To be perfectly honest Lauren was the type of girl to make everyone do a double take. She had gorgeous jet-black hair that fell just above her breasts. She had the most beautiful green eyes that would switch from blue to green randomly. She was about 5'4 and had pasty white skin. Even though she is Cuban American no one seems to believe her when she shares that piece of information. She dresses usually in black but that only brings out her eyes. Lauren is a truly stunning girl but she is not vain or conceited. Brad could have any girl in the school if he wanted. He was your typical varsity jock. He was the only junior on the varsity team. He could have anyone but he wanted Lauren. The only problem was that Lauren liked Brad but she didn't like Brad. He was super nice and he was attractive but Lauren just didn't feel the same way. Everyone thought Lauren was crazy for not being into him but she just couldn't explain it. When he walked over Lauren sighed audibly showing her annoyance.
            "Wow. What a great way to treat your boyfriend on the first day back." Brad poked. Camila watched the interaction closely.
            "That guy is your boyfriend." Camila asked a little surprised.
            "No. But he wishes he is." Lauren replied simply finishing her sandwich.
            "Ouch. But she's right I'm not her boyfriend and I do wish that I am." Stated the jock.
            "Brad what do you want?" Lauren asked.
            "Nothing. I just wanted to see how your summer was but I can take a hint so I'll leave you girls to it. Bye."
            "Thanks Brad. I'm sure I will see you later." Lauren said as Brad walked away. They finished the rest of the day and the rest of the week went by just the same. Camila fell into the girls group and ate lunch with them every day.