Chapter 23

Over the next few days, Kaoru ignored you. You left the hotel without saying another word, and without warning you were back at school. You tried talking to him on multiple occasions, but he wouldn't say a word and just walked away, leaving you standing alone wherever you had confronted him. You tried to get him to talk to you, until you gave up after 2 weeks of him blanking you. You visiting him in the host club and went straight to Honey. Honey occupied your mind most of the time as he hung around you often. The time allowed you to get closer to Mori, which you were all too happy to do, especially since you wanted to avoid thinking too much about Kaoru. You knew nothing had happened this time, and so you presumed he had had some problems of his own at home. You gave him the space he seemed to want, which was immediately filled by Mori who you know found yourself hanging around with at lunch alongside Honey. The atmosphere was different with the duo, and varied widely from eating with Kaoru and Hikaru, but you enjoyed it no none the less. But the more time you spent with Mori and Honey at school, the more time you found yourself thinking about Kaoru at home. Homework couldn't occupy you for more than an hour, and you didn't have enough unwatched anime to fill the empty spaces between school and sleep. You let out a sigh as you lay down on your bed. You had to think of something to find out what was bugging Kaoru, and allowing him to ignore you was not the answer. You pulled out your phone and dialed Hikaru.
"Hello? Hitachiin Hikaru speaking." You smiled, since this was the first time you'd rung Hinaru since you became friends.
"Hey! It's Y/N. Have you got a minute?"
"Yeah, I've got time. What's up?"
"I was wondering if you knew anything about what's bothering Kaoru..." The line fell silent for a second.
"I do. I'm surprised it taken this long for him to realise though."
"Realise what?!"
"As much as I'd love to tell you, it's alittle private to Kaoru, so if you find out, it'll have to come from him." You let out a sigh.
"Could you help me find out then. It's almost been 3 weeks and it's getting to me. I didn't realise how much time I spent with him..." A light chuckle came from the other end.
"Don't laugh at me. I'm really worried."
"You wanna talk to him, he's just coming into the room now."
"Worth a try!" The line falls silent again, the faint shuffling of the phone being passed could be heard from your end.
"Hello?"
"Kaoru! It's bee-..." The phone hung up, the faint click of the call ending filling the now silent room as your speech trailed off.
"Oh... Hehe... What was I to expect?.." You murmured to yourself. Your phone began to vibrate in your hand as Hikaru's caller ID came onto the screen. You pressed green and Hikaru's voice filled the room.
"Hey... Are you okay?" You let out a weak laugh.
"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? The guy I really care about just decided to hang up the second he hears my voice and won't look at me in class, and runs away from me and it makes me feel so great, you know?" You choked out the words.
"You don't sound too good."
"What are you t-talking about I'm fi-... Oh... Hehe. Would you look at that... I'm crying..." You put your hand up to your cheek and felt the warm tears dripping down your face.
"I'm sure everyone's up to helping you find out what's up. We can do it tomorrow if you want to..."
"R-really. That means t-the world. Thanks Hikaru..."
"Do... Do you wanna come over? Not to see Kaoru... You just sound like you need someone, and the phone is the most emotional object." You let out a laugh.
"You know what? Sure. It'd be nice to hang out with you."
"I'll be over in 10. Wipe your tears. No point wasting them until I can wipe them for you and sort this goddamn problem out."
"Thanks... Hikaru. See you in 10."
"Bye." The phone let out another faint click, leaving you in silence once again. You wash your face and change out of your uniform into something more casual, just as you hear a knock.
You walk downstairs to see Hikaru standing in your doorway. You open the door and let yourself out as he guides you to the limo outside your house.
"For a commoner, you have a really big house." You smile at his comment.
"My dad works hard for it, but its paid off." You climb into the limo and sit beside Hikaru.

~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~

You sit across from Hikaru, sitting on his bed.
"I think the best way to go about this is to put you guys somewhere he can't get away from." You give a firm nod as you listen to his idea.
"Someone else would have to get him in there, since he won't talk to you and he'll be suspicious of me, it's better it someone else. He's not on particularly good terms with Honey or Mori, Tamaki would just tell him the plan and Haruhi wouldn't be up for locking him in a room against his will, which leaves Kyoya. It's in his best interest to sort this out since Kaoru's been slacking recently, and he's the least suspicious." You give another firm nod.
"Let's just hope this goes to plan tomorrow." You inquire.

p