Chapter #2 - Starting Over

-2 weeks later-

"I can't believe she left her car here" Brad sighed.

"Maybe her mind was racing and she just wanted to leave" Oscar replied.

"Vanessa...I miss her cooking" Derek mumbled.

"I know and...wait a minute...Derek..did you just say Vanessa's name?" Keith smiled.

"NO!!" Derek shouted.

"Shh...Adam is sleeping" Amelia informed them and they nodded.

"Now what?

"I know!" Derek whispered and left. All of us were wondering what he was doing, we heard noises coming from his room until suddenly, it stopped. He comes out with the biggest frame I never seen before. It had a big picture of Vanessa smiling and at the bottom is says "Missing". I looked at Derek and stared at him.

"Are you kidding me Derek..." I mumbled.

"Oh come on Amelia, this is gonna work" Derek says and he leaves with the frame. I wonder what he is thinking. All of us, except Derek, went back to Oscar's apartment and we had  a discussion. 

"Okay, one of us has to look for Vanessa or ask authorities where she is...this might take a while"  I suggested and everyone agreed.

"Well..I want to help but I have an interview to go to" Scott said.

"What kind of interview is it?" I asked.

"I don't know, my agent just told me it was an interview" Scott replied and he gotten up. He grabbed his bag and left.

"If I was in Vanessa's shoes...I would go home..I mean..to my parents or someone close to me at least" Claude confessed.

"Okay, lets try that" I said.

Everyone separated and Oscar and I started looking at the cafe. All three of us used to hangout in the cafe when we were done with work. We asked the employees if they saw Vanessa and all of them shook their head. The both of us walked all the way to the grocery store and asked. It was the same answer. We started looking around but nothing. I called everyone and nothing...where are you Vanessa?

--Vanessa's POV--

Where's Adam....Stop thinking about him..maybe he is sick today...Vanessa focus..your at work. Oscar has a day off today and Adam...he's...All I could remember was Miracle and the baby. Maybe Adam is the father and they announce the news to him before they got to me. Maybe he is with Miracle and the baby. I bet their talking about how their going to work out the whole thing. I wonder if Luke knows already. Speak of the devil, I see Luke walking towards me.

"Vanessa, we need to speak" He says and I nodded. Both of us went upstairs to the roof and he locked the door.

"Tell me...tell me what the nurse said to you...I have a right to know..." He demanded.

"Look, I just gotten out of the situation that I don't want to be and here you are confronting the same thing. I don't want to think about Adam right now" I shouted.

"Okay, Okay...what happened...I gotta know Vanessa and your the only one...please tell me" He says and I sighed.

"I don't want to...ok....Miracle's baby...is not yours...the baby is Adam's.." I answered and he froze.

"The doctors are looking into the DNA test to see if its true...but...I just don't want to be in it..i'm such a coward" I started to tear up until Luke shook his head.

"I married her....and this happens..wow...karma hurts" He looks up and I wanted to look away until I stopped. I remember what Adam told me...it was right on this spot.

"You know, When I think about it, I kinda want a family in the future"

"Yeah, I want a family...I want to able to call you my wife...maybe have 2 children or more...as long as I can put a ring on your finger"

"No...I want to forget" I sobbed and dropped down to my knees.

"Vanessa...its okay..i'm right here" Luke comforted Vanessa.

"I...just...I don't want to remember those memories...i just want to be alone..." I confessed and he nodded.

"Its hard on us...i'll leave first" He says, he opens the door and gasps.

"Scott Grey!" Luke shouted and Vanessa eyes widen. She quickly wiped her eyes and stood up.

"Hey, I need to talk to Vanessa for a bit...its about the situation" Scott smiles and Luke nodded and left. Scott closed the door and looked at Vanessa.

"Hey goddess, how are you feeling?" Scott asked.

"I...feel fine!" Vanessa lied.

tsk, tsk, tsk

"Don't lie Vanessa, I know you perfectly well, don't judge a book by its cover. Can I talk to you..everyone is looking for you" He continues.

"Adam..uhh...he's sleeping...and Everyone wants to know where you are..Derek build a large frame with your picture on it, he's been shouting at everyone saying "Have you seen my goddess?!". I want to know where you've been."

"No, I want to be alone..." I confronted and continued.

"I know what situation I am in...its just hard to believe..."

"Look, running away from your problems isn't going to help...everyone wants to know if your okay....where have you been living?" Scott asked.

"Just leave me alone" I mumbled and left him up at the roof. I shut the door behind me and ran downstairs. I went back to work until I saw Scott being in a crowd. I sighed and went on my computer. Until I looked at the big screen we had in our office.

"Scott Grey is dating?! Who knew he hid this secret for the longest time! Scott Grey was caught hugging with a non-celebrity on December 24th. They were both in the store when this happened. We interviewed Scott earlier and he says "We are just friend". He's clearly lying after pictures surfaced up that Scott and this girl were caught outside of the apartment complex as well."

"Lucky me, the picture is too blurry to see who the girl is...I can't believe they made a scandal about us." I whispered and turn my head towards Scott. The crowd was growing bigger and bigger. What do I do......yolo!

I grab my hat, jacket, and a pair of glasses to cover myself in. I ran into the crowd and grab Scott's hand and drag him out of there. Both of us ran away from the paparazzi and we kept running until we lost them. I had no choice..we went back to the apartment complex. Scott looked at me and smiled.

"Aww, Derek's little goddess saved me...I feel honored!" He laughs until he turns on the TV.

"Looks like the scandal is turning out to be true, Scott was in a crowd at Lint Company this morning and guess who dragged him out of there. None other than his girlfriend, we couldn't figure out who she is because she wore a hat, jacket, and a pair of glasses to cover herself from the flashing camera's! Stay tuned for more updates."

"Great....now what?"

"Well, they don't know who it is..so your safe...go back to your parents home already" Scott smiled.

"Okay...wait....you knew where I lived?"

"Yeah...I followed you on Christmas..thats why the news said that we met outside the apartment complex...just go, be safe, bye-bye" He waves and leaves.

I left to go to my parents house and went back to my room. I have a broken relationship, a scandal to look out for, and a DNA test that can reveal the truth. For now..the best thing to do is to start all over. Start dating other guys and maybe find "The one" again if I can....lets just see later on.