BAH

This adventure is an exploration in a vast world only accessible by the lucky few.

I underline this sentence on the new book I'm reading.

"Emma! You're phone is ringing," my sister yells from the living room.

I take the last bite of my pancakes and jog out of the kitchen. I grab my phone from the  couch.

It's Mark.

"Are you free today?" Mark asks.

"Today's Sunday, Mark."

"Are you free today?" Mark repeats.

Papa gives us a lot of freedom in exchange of making Sunday a family day. Papa is still asleep.
He wakes up late on Sundays.

"Yes, I'm free today."

"I'm downstairs. Come down," Mark says.

I quickly check what I'm wearing and decide that I am presentable enough.

I see Mark leaning against a black Escalade parked in front of our apartment. How lucky of him to have great genes! His face, his height, his built and every thing else are so perfectly put together.

He walks toward me and gives me a quick smooch.

"Maple syrup and butter. My favorite," he says while licking his lips.

I smile and lick my lips trying to guess what Mark ate for breakfast but all I taste is mint.

"Where are we going?"

"Chelsea Piers."

Mark takes my hand and opens the Escalade door.

A bearded man is sitting on the driver's seat.

"This is Rob. Rob, This is Emma."

"Hello Rob."

"Good morning, Miss Emma," Rob says. His voice sounds very masculine and kind at the same time.

"What are we going to do in Chelsea Piers?" I ask.

"You'll soon find out."

Mark leans and kisses me again.

A handsome white yacht is waiting for us at the Chelsea Piers. The morning breeze from the Hudson River blows my long hair backwards. I feel so light, so happy. I haven't been this happy in a long long time.

The yacht crew greets us as
we climb the upper deck. A female crew is carrying a tray with two tall glasses of green smoothies.

Mark takes one glass and hands it to me. He takes the other glass and takes a sip.

"It's kale, celery, pineapple and lemon. My favorite," Mark says.

I take a hesitant sip. I don't like celery.

"Wow. I can't taste the celery at all," I exclaim.

"I want a lot of pineapple in my smoothies so the celery flavor drowns in it."

I am drowning with love for Mark.
I am drowning and I want to keep on drowning.

Mark finishes his smoothie and I feel the pressure to finish mine too. I take two more swigs and I'm done.

Mark takes me at the stern of the yacht and wraps his arms around me.

I have taken the ferry to Hoboken with War a few times before. It only takes ten minutes to cross the Hudson River. This is my first time to be in a yacht. This is my first time to see the Manhattan skyline from New York Harbor.

After about an hour, the yacht approaches the long stretch of white sand.

"Where are we?"

"Long Island. We're visiting my parents."

What? Parents? My throat is constricting. I need water.

We stop a few meters from the beach. The yacht crew throws the anchor down and starts lowering the jet skis.

"Let's have breakfast," Mark says.

"I had breakfast at home."

"Let's have breakfast," Mark repeats and pulls me behind him.

We climb the upper deck of the yacht and a wide wooden table is filled with fruits and pastries. Four rattan chairs surround the square table.

Mark is smiling while chewing his waffles. His smile is contagious. I sip my mango-banana shake and breathe in more happiness.

"Would you like to change before we jet-ski?" Mark asks.

"I'm good to go," I say excitedly.

I am wearing a yoga tank top underneath my white shirt and denim shorts. Spring was short this year. It's only May but it's been really hot the past few days.

I look at Mark. He is wearing basketball shorts and a plain white shirt.

"Let's go," Mark exclaims.

The crew hand us our neon-green life vests.

Mark jumps in one of the three jet-skis. He drives around showing off.

Two male crew share one jet-ski. One is carrying our bags.

Mark skis back to the yacht.

"Let's go, Emma!" Mark exclaims.

"I don't know how to jet ski. I haven't been on one before."

Mark drives closer to the yacht.

"Hop in behind me," Mark commands.

I hold out my arm and Mark reaches for it. I sit  behind him and hug him tight. I wish we are not wearing life vests so I can feel his back against my chest.

"Sorry for holding on tight.
This is my first time."

"That's all right," he says.

"Let's go!" Mark yells at the two male crew.

88888888

BAH 브랙하스트 앗 호움