Chapter Fifteen (Part 1)

Victoria's POV

I step out of the steaming hot shower onto the cold tile floor prepared to see my dad for the first time in 3 weeks. Ever since that whole blowout with Layla that day, I've been staying with Roc. I just don't feel like I can see my dad after all the thinking I've been doing about how he left my mom and I. Since we started school a few months ago I think I need to get out of Roc's hair. I was suppose to go back home to my mother for my last year of high school but she thought it would be nice for me to stay here. So that's what I'm doing.

I walk into the guest room that Roc convinced his mother to let me use for the time being and lay my outfit out on the bed. Today I decided that since it was kind of chilly out that I would settle with wearing a grey crewneck sweatshirt, straight leg blue jeans, Air Jordan Retro 12's, a Hermosa Vest from Hollister, and my brown Michael Kors bag. I grab my phone from the nightstand and walk down to Roc's room and knock on the door. After waiting 2 minutes, I slowly open the door to find him lying in bed silently sleeping.

I walk over and lightly nudge him in his side, he only shifts positions and groans. I nudge him again but this time calling his name also.

"What?" He groans lifting his head from his pillow.

" Are you still going with me to my dads today?" I ask still standing over him. "Uh yeah."

"Then hurry up and get ready" I walk out of his room and downstairs and sit in the kitchen until he was ready.

For the past 3 weeks Roc and I have been building a nice relationship with each other. I don't think I've ever met someone who actually cares to hear what I have to say and how I feel. I kind of feel bad for being such a bitch to him when I first met him. I guess it was just because I didn't really someone I could talk to then and get everything off my chest. It's kind of wired too because every time I'm around him I get this excited feeling inside. There's never a dull moment when I'm with him and I like that I'll never be bored when I'm with him. I'm just going to assume it's a small crush,but I'm sure it's not that serious.

In the middle of my thinking I hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. I watch waiting for Roc to come around the corner, seeing as we were the only two home at the moment.

"About time you came down," I say hopping down from the counter I was previously sitting on.

" Oh shut up, you take longer to get dressed then me most of the time." He begins going through the cabinets in search of something.

"What are you looking for?"

"I'm hungry."

"Roc, we don't have time for that. I told my dad we would be there by 1:30 and it's already 1:20!" I grab his wrist and pull him out the door towards his car.

" You can eat after we leave my dads house" I say getting in the passengers seat and closing the door.

20 mintues later

I slowly walk up to the door with Roc trailing behind me and ring the doorbell. I begin to think he isn't home after waiting 5 minutes, but as we turn to walk away he opens the door. I turn and see him standing there staring at me but then he smiles. I don't understand why though. I mean before all we did was argue and he acted as if he didn't give two shits about me, but now he's smiling in my face.

I'm sort of happy to see him smile at me because that's all I've ever wanted but at the same time I don't like it. I'm not saying I don't want to good relationship with him because that's all I've ever wanted, but it just feels a little weird I guess. I didn't come here for nothing so I will try to fix my relationship with him no matter what it takes.

I smile back at him and begin walking towards him as he opens his arms wide open for me to walk into. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head in his chest closing my eyes and inhaling his scent. I then let go and we all walk into the living room and sit on the couch and just talk about what we've all been doing since I've been gone. After approximately 45 minutes I decided that I needed to go back to Roc's house and begin packing my things. " I hate to leave so soon but I think I need to start packing my things at Roc's house to move back in so I'll see you when I get back?"

"Yeah, that's fine but I won't be here when you get back so here's your house key now, " he says handing me a key that was pink.

"Thanks, but where are you going to be?" "I'm going on a date." I don't know why but the thought of my dad going on a date made me laugh.

I just shake my head and nod at Roc who was still sitting on the couch playing with the curls on his head, letting him know that I was ready to go.

In the car

" Since your basically going to be alone tonight, you should go out with me" Roc says looking over at me. I just smiled because I liked the idea of us going on a date. "Yeah, sure."