Chapter Nine

Roc's P.O.V.

Today I was chilling at Ray's house since nothing interesting was happening at mine. Right now Ray and I are in his room playing NBA 2K13. Ray was looking a little bothered. I could also tell by the way he was playing the game. Shit was actually kind of sad.

"Ray, what's going on with you man? You been acting like something's on your mind since I been here. Is it me, cus' if it is I can leave." I say trying to get him to talk.

"It is something on my mind and its bothering me real bad." he says with a guilty look on his face. "Its Layla."

"What about Layla?" I ask curiously.

"Its everything. I cant stop thinking about her and I feel guilty as hell. I'm not supposed to think about her the way I do. That's Jacob's girl, I'm not supposed to think what it would be like if she was mine instead of his." He seemed to become angrier the more he talked.

After hearing the I was somewhat shocked, but then I should have only expected it. I mean a blind mad could have seen it coming. Out of everyone Layla and Ray are the closest even though Layla's in a relationship with Jacob. Whenever they're around each other, they play around a lot, but you would think it was only as friends.

"Roc, what am I supposed to do? I cant keep hiding it, definitely not from Jacob. We both know how smart he is." he says this with a worried expression.

Ray's P.O.V.

Right now my mind is racing and I don't know what to do. I cant admit to Jacob how I feel about Layla, but I cant keep these emotions bottled up forever. Before I thought the feelings would go away with time but they only grew stronger and now I'm here in this predicament.

"Ray, I don't know what you're feeling right now, but if I were you I'd tell Layla how I feel. I mean I know she's Jacob's girl, but you cant let this eat you up inside."

"Yeah, I guess your right. I'm just telling her how I feel; she'd never leave Jacob for me" I say feeling confident that I could do what seemed impossible.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began scrolling through my contacts looking for Layla's name. When I come across it, I dial and wait for her to answer.

"Hey twin!" she yells through the phone. This make me smile but then I remember why I called in the first place.

"Hey, are you busy at the moment?" I ask praying she says no.

"Oh no, why?"

"Can you meet me at the Beach? I have to talk to you." I asked in a shaky voice. This is what she does to me.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in 15 minutes." she says in a gentle tone.

"Okay, see you then"

Layla's P.O.V.

As I'm pulling into the beach parking lot I see Ray's car with him sitting inside.

I get out of my car and walk over to Rays tapping the passenger window, He looks over and smiles as I open the door and hop in.

""Whats up 2 braids?"

"Hey Layla" he leans over and wraps me in his arms hugging me.

"So you said you wanted to talk to me about something?" I say in the form of a question.

"Oh yeah, before I start, I hope this doesn't effect out relationship and nothing between us changes." I stare at him with a blank expression.

"Are you going to tell me your gay?" I question. He just laughs.

"No Layla, its about us." he says getting serious.

"Okay then, what is it?"

"I'm not going to sugar coat this, I'm just going to say it: Layla, I got a thing for you."

When he says this, my mind is so blown away that I don't know what to say so I continue staring at him.

"Layla, I know this is probably shocking, but I just cant keep these feelings to myself anymore. When I'm around you my heart beats 10 times faster than normal, when I talk to you I get nervous and I don't know what to do with myself, I think about you way more than I should and I ju-"

Hearing all of this come out of Ray's mouth seemed unreal. I love Ray and all, but not in the way he's talking. It kind of almost left me speechless.

"Ray, don't get me wrong I love you and all, but I just don't have those type of feelings for you. You're like a big brother to me and I wouldn't want to hurt our relationship by saying you have a chance." I say hoping he responds well.

"Its okay, I knew this before, I just wanted you to know how I felt"

Once I knew everything was 100% percent okay, I reach over and pull him into a hug. I then suggest we take a walk in the beach since it was only six o'clock. We get out of the car and proceed walking in the sand.

After awhile we decide to sit and watch the sun set. As I'm looking over the water, I hear Ray whisper my name. "Layla"

"Yes?"

"You know you're beautiful right?" he says sincerely. When he says this I suddenly realize that I probably shouldn't be here. I should be with Jacob, the person that I love. It also makes me realize that its not just a small crush Ray has on me, its something more than that.

"I'm sorry Ray, but I have to go" I am now standing up trying to make my way to my car, but I am stopped by Ray grabbing my waist.

"Please Layla, don't leave." he begins to plead.

"I'm sorry Ray, but I cant do this," I break away from his grip and make my way back to my car.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I was laying on my couch watching a marathon of Regular Show when my phone began ringing and a picture of Layla that I took while she was sleeping on my bed popped up. "What's up pretty girl?"

"Hey, are you home? I'm coming over."

"Yeah, hurry up"

Twenty minutes later Layla's smidget ass walks into the room and plops down on the couch next to me. She looks as if somethings on her mind, but I convince myself that she's just in one her "moods". I begin poking her cheeks as we have one of our normal conversations, but then she says she has something to tell me.

"What is it?" I ask. She stares in my eyes for about 30 seconds before she says anything.

"Ray says he has feelings for me"

I just stare at her as if I had no idea what she was saying. I heard her clear as day, but I'm having a hard time registering it. "When did he say that?"

"Today, he asked me to meet him at the beach and when I got there he was saying how he hoped it wouldn't ruin our friendship and how he couldn't keep it to himself anymore and then he told me how beautiful I was and then I just left him there." It all came out of her mouth fastly and by the time she was finished she was out of breath.

"That's where you came from just now?"

"Yes."

I remain calm. I know Layla would never leave me for him, it actually pisses me off thinking about it. It's real fucked up how he does some shit like that. I know you can't help who you have feelings for and all, but dammit she's mine. What happen that bitch he brought to the mall that day? It's all good though.

"Go home," I tell Layla as I pick myself up from my couch and grab her stuff.

"What, why?" she ask clueless.

"Just go home, I'll call you later." By now I'm basically pushing her out of the door.

"Jacob, don't do anything stupid or something you'll regret. I know he shouldn't have said it, but he's your friend"

"Bye Layla" I close the door and walk up to my room. I'll handle this.