Chapter 4

Jacob's P.O.V.

I roll over on my side and blow out a breath as my mom walks into my room and opens the curtains, letting in rays of sunlight. "Ma, what are you doing? Its too early for all of this." I say peeking out from under the covers. "Boy, its 1:00 in the afternoon! Wake your ass up!" she replied in her thick Spanish accent. "Maaaaaaami" I began to beg her. "Mami nothing. Get the hell up and go get some fresh air." she says walking out of my room closing the door. I mumbled few cuss words while I sit up in my bed. My mind instantly drifts back to last night.After the party last night I offered to give Layla a ride home because Ariana's mom called her chewing her out for some shit she did and had to leave early. From talking to her Layla seems like a real cool girl.

Last night

"Whats your address shorty?" I asked looking over at her. She glared at me. "224 southmaine avenue" she answered before looking out the window. I nodded my head and put her address into my GPS so I wouldn't have to search for her house. "Whats up with your boy Craig?" she asked with a calm expression. "What you mean?" "The way he was looking at my friend. If I didn't know any better, which I dont I would think he was attracted to her." she said with a smirk. I just chuckled, because I knew Craig was feeling Ariana just the way he was looking at her. I plan on confronting him later. "I dont about him but I know there's this girl that Im kinda feeling." Her smile dropped a little but quickly returned. "Oh really, who? I might know her." I smiled. "Well her name is Layla, and she mad cool. Swag is on a million, and she's beautiful as hell. My niggas like her too so that's a huge plus. I'm thinking about trying to cop her number." I say with a smile. I look over and Layla is grinning from ear to ear. Its kinda cute. "Oh word? I think I know her. Last name?" "Stevens I think it is." I say with a smirk. "Oh me and her? We cooler Antarctica! I can get her number for you" I laughed my ass off at her corny "joke" I guess you could call it. "Give me your phone." she said sticking her hand out. I pulled my iphone out and placed it in her hand. "Dont be going through my shit now." I say being serious.She just rolls her eyes. I see her typing something. I pull up to her house and try to see what she's doing but before I can she closes whatever she was doing and grabs her purse and opens the car door."Thanks Jacob! Make sure you text me" she got out the car, closed the door, blew me a kiss, then walked inside her house. I shake my head. She's different. Unique. I want her.

Present

My train of thought is broken by the sound of my phone vibrating, letting me know I had a text message. I sigh and grab my phone. I go to my messages and the message said, "Hey half nigga!" I look at the sender to see Layla's name with two emogi's behind it. I shake my head and smile and text her back. I then stand up and stretch. I look in the mirror and fluff my hair out and smile. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but if I must say I am one fine ass motherfucker. I am truly blessed. When Im done looking in the mirror I decided that I was going to Layla's house. I wasn't going to tell her of course. I went and picked out an outfit (comments), layed it out on my bed, then went to take a shower. When I got out the shower I got dressed, put moisturizer in my hair,got my phone off the charger, got my car keys and left.

When I pulled up to Layla's I dont see any cars in the drive way, so I thought maybe nobodies home, but I would still go check. I parked my car in the drive way, took my keys out the ignition, and got out the car. I walked to the door,rang the doorbell and waited. While I was waiting I replied to text messages from earlier, until I heard the door open. I look up and see Layla looking confused as hell. "The hell are you doing at my house?" "My mom told me to get some fresh air." "So you came here?" "Its fresh air." I say with a smirk. I push her aside and walk inside and go up the staircase until I reach the second floor. When I reach the top I look around when I see a door opened with purple walls so I automatically assumed it was Layla's. I walk into the room, and the sound of Tupac's "Dear Mama" playing through her speakers. I take my shoes off and climb into her bed. I put my hands behind my head as I watch her walk to the door. "Why are you laying in my bed?" "Because this is what I feel like doing at the moment." She just stared at me, so I stared back. She eventually cracked and started smiling. "Go get dressed" I told her. "Why?" "Just do it" I said. After five minutes of trying to convince her she finally gave in and went to shower. While she was in the shower I was going through her phone. I decided to look through her pictures, and she had some nice ones, but she also had some I know her parents would not approve of. She think she a bad ass. I chuckle at the thought. For the remainder of the time I continue to listen the music she has playing.