Chapter 10: Butterflies of Mystic

┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER TEN
Butterflies of Mystic

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

YELENA TAYLOR

Napatigil siya sa pagkain at tiningnan ako ng seryoso. "Saan mo narinig 'yan?"

"Somewhere."

He started to look at me with suspicion. "Tell me the truth, Yelena. Unholy Crystal is a taboo subject in Animus. It's impossible to hear that 'somewhere'."

"It's true. A little boy told me."

Napakunot ang noo niya at napa-lean sa upuan. "You're suspicious. There's no way you could've heard that from a little boy."

"But, I did."

Sinamaan niya ko ng tingin. "You're lying."

I crossed my arms. "Think all you want. Answer my question."

Tumayo siya at tumingin sa 'kin ng may seryosong mukha. "You shouldn't meddle with things that are far more dangerous than you thought."

Lumabas ang bakeshop owner at ngumiti sa amin. "Prince Andre, it's good to see you here again."

Tumingin sa akin si Hunter bago kinausap ang may-ari ng pribado.  They went to the corner and started to talk. From their faces, they're talking about an important matter. 

After a few minutes, Hunter went back to my seat. "Let's go."

Tumayo ako at sumunod sa kanya. He slowed down his pace to line up with me. "There's something suspicious. Let's meet up with the others."

Pareho kaming napatigil sa paglalakad nang makarinig kami ng mga sigaw, 'di kalayuan kung saan kami. We both walked towards the direction of the terrified screams, curious about what's going on. We came across people running away for their lives with faces which painted horror. Terror filled the whole area and children's cries resonate with the growls of a monster.

Houses' roofs flew away and continuous stomps somewhere near caused a little earthquake. Then, monsters as thrice as my size came like a troop of soldiers. Each of them holding a huge hammer, destroying everything they could lay their round one eye upon.

"Cyclopes," Hunter muttered.

I summoned the Skyfall Blade as it directly appeared in my hand. "Go find the others. I'll handle them."

Tumingin siya sa 'kin ng seryoso. "You can't even use one of that blade's powers. That sword is no different from a normal one."