three

EDITED: 17/08/2018

I gasp slightly, but quickly was able to compose myself, "Send him up please Brenda."

I straightened my skirt quickly and fluffed my hair a little, relaxing back into my seat just as a knock sounded.

"Come in" I said, making sure I didn't sound the least bit interested in who was at the door.

In came Wesley Doyle, dressed in a dark blue suit paired with a white shirt and a patterned tie. I looked him up and down, now realising how attractive he actually was. Composing myself once again I turned back to the computer screen and continued typing.

"Can I help you?" I asked, not taking my eyes of my computer screen.

"Well actually Ms. Valentine, I believe you owe me something." Mr. Doyle commented, I could hear his smirk in his voice. I refused to look at him and chose to continue typing.

"What might that be Mr. Doyle?" I asked innocently, pretending to have no recollection of our conversation from two nights prior. I did not want him to think I had been thinking about his comment since that night.

"You owe me a date," He stated gesturing towards the door, "Now." He added, his tone changing immediately making it sound more like an order than a request.

"As you can see Mr. Doyle I am incredibly busy so now is not the best time." I responded, turning to face him and smiling sweetly.

He began to frown, his eyebrows furrowed as if confused as to why I didn't say yes straight away.

"We can go in the limo?" He questioned clearly expecting me to jump at the chance of being in a limousine.

"As I said, I am very busy." I responded, not even making reference to the vehicle he mentioned.

He sighed in exasperation, pausing momentarily as though trying to rack his brains for something that may change my mind.

"We can go in the jet, anywhere you want!" He exclaimed.

"Mr. Doyle, if you don't have anything important you wish to discuss with me I would appreciate it if you left me to my work." I commented, once again ignoring his suggestion.

He slams his hands onto my desk and looks me dead in the eye, "Why are you being so difficult? You're supposed to jump at the chance to go in my limo or in the jet. You're not supposed to ignore me!" He was beginning to raise his voice now, clearly frustrated at me.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Doyle." I responded, with that I picked up some paperwork and exit my office leaving Wesley Doyle standing alone and very confused.

~~~~~

I arrived at the office early Tuesday morning, their was a board meeting occurring at 9am so the conference room needed to be organised before the meeting commenced. Collecting the jugs of water and glasses from the kitchenette I began setting up the refreshment table.

Once finishing set up, I made my way back to my office ready to start my day. To my surprise my chair was already occupied, by none other than Wesley Doyle.

"This is actually a really comfortable chair." Mr. Doyle stated, running his hands up and down the arm rests.

"Well, I actually need that really comfortable chair, so if you could move that would be great." I said, sarcasm lacing my voice.

"I will move on one condition. You go out to lunch with me today." Wesley Doyle stated with a smile.

I rolled my eyes, picked up some documentation on my desk and made my way to the copying room; I wasn't going to give in that easily.

I slowly copied the documentation that I needed, partly because it was a very slow photocopier but also because I was hoping Wesley Doyle would be gone when I got back. Unfortunate for me, he wasn't.

"Don't you have a company to run?" I ask with a sigh as I found him exactly where I had left him 45 minutes ago.

"I do and one thing on my agenda today is to go to lunch, with you." He responded with a smirk.

I gazed at the clock and noticed that it was only 10am, I sighed, today was going to be a long day.

"I'll go to lunch with you on one condition" I began.

"Okay lets go!" Wesley Doyle exclaimed, jumping up from my chair. I took that moment to slide around the other side of my desk and collapse into my chair. I turned to face my computer screen and began typing the emails I had to compose today.

Mr. Doyle turned around to face me, a serious look on his face. I looked up to him and smiled slightly, knowing that I was frustrating him a little.

"I said on one condition," I continued, pausing to type for a brief moment. "My one condition is that I get to choose when."

I saw a flash of disappointment in Wesley Doyle's eyes, only for a brief moment, but long enough for me to notice. Almost immediately it was gone and he looked like the rude, arrogant business man that I had met 4 days earlier.

"I will be in contact soon." He stated before turning and leaving my office.

~~~~~

I watched the clock as the seconds slowly passed, it was almost 5pm and I had done everything I needed for the day. Beginning to pack my belongings in preparation to leave I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Im just about to head home Mr. Slater, is it important?" I called out, grabbing my bag and heading towards my office door. Opening it I very quickly discovered that it was not Mr. Slater standing at my door, it was Mr. Doyle, holding a bouquet of peonies.

"Miss. Valentine." Mr. Doyle began, looking down briefly as though to find the words to say.

"I'm very sorry Mr. Doyle but I have to leave now." I responded and pushed passed him beelining straight for the elevator. I stepped in and was very quickly joined by Wesley Doyle, still holding the bouquet.

"Will you at least accept these?" Mr. Doyle questioned, pushing the flowers towards me. I took them gently out of his grasp and smelt them quickly, a small smile escaped my lips and Wesley Doyle noticed it immediately. "Well, a smile is a start." He stated just before the elevator reached the ground floor. Before I knew it I was alone in the elevator alone with a giant bouquet.