eleven

EDITED: 18/08/2018

My eyes scanned my bed staring at the make up laid out in front of me. I wore makeup to work every day but I had never worn this many different products at once. Stacey had insisted on coming over to do my hair and make up, even though I told her it was fine. Her response? 'Do not be ridiculous. What are friends for?'

"Stacey, this is a lot of makeup, are you sure you need all of this?" I questioned, hearing my voice waiver slightly. I had to admit, I was beyond nervous. Not because I was going for dinner with Wesley, but because I had already been on a few dates with Daniel. I hadn't quite made my mind up about Daniel yet; he was kind, funny and charming, which would normally be every girls dream. I did like those qualities about him but with my slightly sassy nature and constant confidence I was concerned that we weren't as good of a match as I had previously thought.

"I promise it's not as much as it looks!" Stacey explains grabbing a primer to begin my makeup. "I have a look in mind and it uses a few different eyeshadows from different palettes so it makes it look like there's more than there actually is. I want to make your eyes pop but at the same time not take away too much attention from your dress." Her hands were moving quicker now, working her magic on me.

We sat there chatting while Stacey continued working on my face, after putting on my foundation she turned my chair away from the mirror so I couldn't see how it looked.

"You can look when I'm finished, it spoils it when you see it done half way through."

I sighed and continued to sit still as Stacey used every single product on the table. Finally, after swiping lipstick across my lips, she stepped back and smiled, seemingly satisfied with her efforts.

Just as I am ready to spin the chair around Stacey slams her hand onto it.

"You can't look yet!" She exclaims almost in panic. "I haven't done your hair!"

I laugh, I should have known that she wouldn't want me to look until she was completely finished. After doing my hair she forced me to put the dress and shoes on before I looked in the mirror.

"You need to see the look as a whole, no point looking at your makeup when you are in trackies and a hoodie!" Stacey tells me, looking my outfit up and down.

I put my shoes on slowly doing up the straps, admiring Wesley's choice. They black shoe wrapped delicately around my ankle, snaking up my leg an inch or two. The heels weren't too high, which calmed me slightly, glad that Wesley didn't see me as someone who loved to wear stilletos.

Spinning around to face the full length mirror on the back of my door my eyes widened in shock. Stacey had done a soft smokey eye with a black wing liner and upon closer inspection you could see a navy eyeshadow covering the centre of my eyelid. My lips were coated in a peach nude that brought the whole look together. Turning onto to the side I could admire the elaborate hairstyle Stacey had done on my long dark hair. She had initially curled my locks and then used bobby pins to twist my hair up into a messy yet elegant bun at the nape of my neck.

"Stacey, this is amazing! Thank you so much!" I gave her a quick hug just as I hear my door bell.

"Well well well, now I can go meet your prince charming!" Stacey exclaims with a evil grin. She races towards the front door, easily beating me.

Slowly following her to the front door I can hear her greet Wesley, introducing herself as 'Demi's best, most amazing and longest friend'. Wesley laughs at the dramatic title she had given herself.

I walk out into the entryway, clutch in one hand giving Wesley a small smile and a hello, watching as he brings his right hand out from behind his back.

"I... uh... well..." He began, holding a bouquet of roses in front of him.

"Oh spit it out pretty boy, I'll go put this in a vase." Stacey exclaims, snatching the roses out from Wesley's grasp.

"I got these, well those" He began pointing in the direction Stacey walked. "I got those for you. I thought you might like them." His gazed wandered the hallway as though my plain white walls were the most interesting thing he had seen.

I was surprised to see Wesley like this, normally you could hear his confidence from a mile away; his nerves never seemed to get the better of him.

"Thank you, they are gorgeous." I tell him, locking eyes with him as he finally looks at me.

We look at each other for a moment, neither of us saying a word. We were silent, but the silence was comfortable, until Stacey re entered the room.

"I should take a photo!" Stacey exclaimed, snatching my phone from my hand.

I groaned, sick of Stacey and her obsession with Instagram and snatching things.

"We don't need a photo Stace, what we need is to go." I told her, letting out a sigh of annoyance. I despised photos, I did not feel the need to let the world see my life story.

"Just one... for me!" Stacey told me, holding up my phone ready to take the photo.

"Do you mind? She won't let me leave until she gets a photo." I explain to Wesley, giving him a look of sympathy.

"Sure, I don't mind." Wesley responds with a shrug. I had already presumed he would say yes, he didn't seem like the type to pass up an opportunity to show off his good looks.

"One, two, three... date night!" Stacey coos, snapping several photos as Wesley and I stood their gobsmacked with her remark.

Neither of us had specifically called this a date but I think deep down we both knew that it was exactly what this was.

It wasn't that I didn't want this to be a date, it was more the feeling I felt in the pit of my stomach. If this was a date, and my time spent with Daniel was a date. Does this mean I was dating two guys at once?