Prologue

Why I Love

Neville Longbottom’s daughter, James Potter love story

            A small girl stood close to a tall handsome man with blonde hair and hazel eyes, his stunning wife by his side. People often had to take a second look at the small family, turning their heads as they walked away. Of course, it was nothing in comparison to their friends, the Potter’s.

“Hurry Jazzmyn or we’ll be late!” Neville Longbottom said, pushing his daughter’s trolley with one hand, the other rested on her shoulder. Jazzmyn and her daughter both knew Neville was excited about his daughter going into her last year of Hogwarts, but also knew he himself couldn’t wait to return.

“Aria!” a tall, auburn haired boy wove through the crowd, a large grin on his face. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you-it must be because you’re so short.”

“Be nice, James.” Ginny Potter said, coming up behind him with Harry “Some people would find it hard to believe you two are friends.”

Best friends,” James corrected, slinging his arm around Aria’s shoulders.

“We know James,” Albus said, rolling his eyes “Do you know you sound like a girl when you say that?”

“Shut up Al,” James said, taking his brother in a headlock and giving him a nuggie.

“Let your brother go, James.” Harry said “And have a good year, both of you.”

“What about me?” Lily asked, appearing through the fog with Ron, Hermione, Rose and Hugo in tow.

“You, too Lily.” Harry said, giving his daughter a hug.

“You better get on the train,” Jazzmyn said, giving her daughter a kiss “or you’ll never graduate.”

“Love you Mum, Dad!” Aria said giving her parents each a kiss. Neville slipped a galleon into her hand and smiled.

“Have a wonderful year sweetie; don’t get in to much trouble!”

She smiled the same beautiful smile that made Neville’s heart melt and laughed “Don’t worry Dad, Fred Weasley left last year, remember?”

“Yes,” Dad said grimly “But you and James are still there.”

“Hey, we’ve been very good.” James said “But it may not last,” with that, he jumped on the train, Aria right behind him.

“Bye Mum, bye Dad, see you at Christmas!” Aria yelled, leaning out of the train window with James and waving enthusiastically. It made them both a little sad to think this would be the last time they would be spending September 1st on the train, going to Hogwarts.

“Hey guys!” Erica Chang said, rushing up to them her. short black bob bouncing “How was your summer then?”

“Erica, we just saw you in Diagon Alley a few weeks ago.” James said, shaking his head so his messy auburn hair became even more of a rats nest.

“Did we?” Erica asked, opening the compartment door “Oh yes we did! I remember now, it was incredibly awkward because Dad came alone.”

“I think your parents find it very strange that we’re all friends,” Aria said “I mean, Cho and Uncle Harry were together.”

“Yes, but Mum says she was incredibly confused and that Harry was a nice young man who couldn’t handle her amazing-ness.” Aria rolled her eyes as James and Erica once again began to argue whose parents were at fault.

“Again?” Rose Weasley asked, poking her head into the compartment “It’s definitely back to normal around here.”

“Was it ever normal?” Albus asked, following his cousin in.

“No, absolutely not.” Scorpious Malfoy said, squeezing into the already full compartment. Aria sighed and gave up her seat, sitting up in the luggage rack instead. Their other friend, Matt Finnigan, took the other rack.

The friends chatted and ate sweets as the scarlet train took them closer and closer to one of their favourite places in the world; a place of magic and wonder waited for them and for some, it was the last time.

But for Aria and James, they couldn't wait to leave.

AN: Well look at that! I've started the sequel! First sequel EVER!! I'm incredibly excited about this, and I hope you all are, too. I'm just letting you know, this is the prologue, which is set on September 1st, Aria and James's last year of Hogwarts, but the rest of the story is set after their seventh year, one year later exactly.

I just wanted to introduce them at Hogwarts, where the magic starts! I hope you are as excited as I am, and will enjoy the adventures of Aria and James.

Rose<3

P.S I've gone with Aria Faythe, by the way : )