Black, White and Differant Shades of Grey

Chapter Eleven

Black, White and Different Shades of Grey

           “I’m getting married today,” Aria whispered as she stood on the small stool, facing the three way mirror. They were getting ready in a small room in the upstairs of the church which was all white and silver and pink roses sat upon every surface. She was getting married in a church, which had never been very appealing to her; she had always dreamed of getting married in the fields behind her house, like her parents had. But the church was nice; on the outskirts of London it was quiet large and made of thick slabs of stone.

“I guess dream weddings are just that, dreams.” She said, tightening the silk silver house coat she wore. Already she was bathed and all made up-all that was left was the dress.

“Alright, let’s get that dress on you!” Patrice smiled and unzipped the garment bag, taking the dress out and laying it on the bed with care. It was a beautiful dress; sleeveless with a dusty rose colour bodice and a waterfall of crinoline, making Aria look like she wore a peony flower as a skirt. “Arms up!” Aria raised her arms and closed her eyes as the dress slipped over like water, the silk as smooth as a flower petal.

“Ohmigod Aria you look beautiful!” Kierra cried as she and the rest of the girls ran in. Erica was her maid of honour and Holly, Tania and Kierra were her bride’s maids. Adam’s sisters Lace and Lea were the flower girls, even though they insisted they were much too old to be flower girls and his brothers were the ring bearers.

“You really do, Aria.” Erica said “And that dress; its gorgeous!”

“A blushing bride!” laughed Tania, smoothing down her silk brides maid dress the same colour as Aria’s bodice-a dusty rose that made everyone look bright eyed and rosy cheeked.

“Alright girls,” Patrice said “Lets leave Aria alone so her parents can come in.” they all filed out and Neville and Jazzmyn came in, Jazzmyn in a sky blue dress with white lace trim and her father in a black tux.

“Oh darling,” Jazzmyn cried “You look so-so…I can’t think of a word, you look so stunning.”

“Let’s settle for perfect,” Neville smiled, kissing his daughters cheek. “You look very beautiful Bud, absolutely beautiful.”

“Thanks Dad, Mum.” Aria blushed.

Jazzmyn wiped her eyes “We wanted to give you something Aria, for today. You know ‘something old something new, something borrowed something blue’ that old rhyme?”

“Every bride does, Mum.” Aria laughed.

“Well, your dress is new, the earrings are borrowed but you don’t have anything old or blue, so your Mum and I dug these out for you.” He took out a white box and opened the lid, showing her two hair pins, light blue sapphires resting in their own bed of diamonds.

“Oh…” Aria breathed “Their beautiful!” her mother put them in where they glittered like stars. She turned to her parents, tears shining in her eyes “Thank you, for everything.” She leaned down from the stool and hugged them, wiping the tears away and thanking Kierra for putting on waterproof makeup.