Definance

Man... I still have that thugs blood under my nails. I silently picked at the black flakes while pretending to listen to Cap trying to convince me not to put my life in danger.

Ha, when have I not put my life in danger? My eyelids grew heavy as he paced about the room. Dang it Steve. You can't stop me. "Natasha did you hear a word I said?!" Oops. I guess my acting needs to be brushed up on. Steve glared at me for what seemed forever before sighing and sitting down in the large leather seat.

"Listen." I began, "Nothing you say will change my mind. I'm not going to stand by as you or one of my friends gets arrested!" I looked down at my hands and sat up in surprise. Huh? That's weird... Why am I shaking? I seem to be sweating too.

Cap looked like he wanted to argue with me but didn't say a word. Finally, "Please. I'm begging you. Don't try to be a spy for me. I'm not going to betray Tony like that." He looked away as he spoke the name. Tony.

"Besides, what if you get found out and arrested?" I broke out of my thought. "I-I can break out!" I stuttered. Me. Black widow. Natasha Romanoff. Stuttering. Man I'm pathetic.

He took my words in and turned to the wall. "I said no. That is that. Do not come back. O-Or we will apprehend you." He could barely speak, much less look at me. Holding back tears, I walked out. Idiot. Freaking idiot.

I looked back one last time at the place I used to call home. Shadows danced across the halls. I'm going to miss this hunk of junk. Not wanting anyone to see me, I slipped away.

Later.

Another boring lecture. This one though is from the absolute awesome, perfect, and nice Tony. I started to doze off when... "I think our next move is to apprehend Steve Rogers."

My head jerked to Rhodes. "W-Wha?!" I coughed. Everyone looked at me puzzled. Crap. "I mean... Last time we lost. Miserably." That made everyone look calmer. Note to self: pay attention.

I don't give a crap what Steve says. I'm a spy and I intend to put my skills to test. "All true," Rhodes said, clearly bored. "Maybe we could send in a spy?" My blood went cold.

Stop it Natasha. He can't read minds! Even Tony seemed interested in what he was saying. "Like what kind of spy?" If you didn't know, there are a bunch of different spies!

Tony stood up and did a little happy dance. It looked like a octopus on drugs. "What if we send in Natasha? Cap will never expect it!" My vision started to blur and I got dizzy. No no no!

I started envisioning me spying on them, sending crucial information to Tony, and Cap... Shot in the neck. I shivered at the thought.

Rhodes shook his head in disappointment. "We can't send her in. She still has feelings for Steve." I forced a laugh. "Whatever! He had his chance! Besides, he has his little blond haired agent! I mean seriously! It's his girlfriends granddaughter!"

I could tell Rhodes didn't buy it, but Tony apparently did. "Fine. Natasha, you will infiltrate the hideout and spy on them!" I slapped a smile on my face and nodded.

Great... Now I have to be a double agent?!