7. Favors & Friends

Pregnancy - Week 33

Peta woke up one afternoon to the sounds of a magazine flipping next to her. Not normally the noise she'd hear when she was waking up to her husband sitting next to her.

"Sleeping beauty awakes." Came the sound of her best friends voice.

"Babe, what are you doing here?" Peta said moving to look at Sharna.

"Well, Maks and I decided that you probably could use a change of scenery, or well a change of human." Sharna said giggling slightly at the thought of what she said.

"Well I will admit this is quite the awesome surprise."

"Good, cause you're stuck with me for the next 3 hours."

"I like it. But where is my husband?" Peta as she went to stand up so she could go to the bathroom.

"Whoa miss, where are you going?" Sharna asked reaching quickly for her best friend's arm. She knew she was supposed to keep Peta down and relaxed as much as possible.

"Bathroom babe, trust me, these two love my bladder already, we're lucky I slept as long as I did." Peta said as she stood and headed into the bathroom and Sharna chuckled at her extreme worry.

"Sorry, Maks has me on high alert." Sharna as Peta came out and looked at her best friend with a knowing look.

"How much of a lecture did he give you before leaving?" Peta said as she started to walk out of the room.

"Peta Jane Chmerkovskiy! Get back in this bed!' Sharna yelled.

"Living room babe, I'm allowed there." Peta said as she continued going out of the room. Sharna sighed and followed her best friend. She found her curled up on the couch with the footrest up so her feet were up.

"Are you trying to give me a stroke?" Sharna said with her hands on her hips.

"No, I just, I'm sick of the bedroom. I usually drag Maks out here with me at this time. Sorry babe." Peta said sheepishly.

"It's okay, do you want anything, a drink, a snack?" Sharna said as she leaned against the sofa. Peta picked both options and Sharna headed to the kitchen to get them for her. She then came back and settled on the couch next to her best friend. She grabbed a blanket and threw it over their legs.

"Thanks babe. So you never did tell me where my husband is." Peta said looking at her best friend.

"Well he had some errands to run. What I'm not really sure, I know some of it was some studio stuff and house stuff but I don't know what else. He should be back in about 2 hours he said. He texted earlier and asked if I could come over. He said he thought you were beginning to go stir crazy and wanted to give you a bit of a change."

"Plus he didn't want to leave me alone." Peta said knowingly.

"Well that too." Sharna said winking.

"It's a good thing I love him. I do feel like I am starting to go a little stir crazy but I refuse to do anything that's going to hurt these two." Peta said as her hand stroked her belly gently. Sharna could see the look of concern cross her face as she talked about the twins.

"So how are you doing really? I mean not the stir crazy part. In here." Sharna said tapping her friends heart.

"I...I don't know honestly. I'm terrified but at the same time I know I have to keep myself calm for them. I feel like this is all on me. I can't mess up. I can't be the one who does something to them. And Maks can help as much as he can but at the end it's me. It's my body that is protecting them and my body that can potentially hurt them." Peta said as tears filled her eyes.