3. Family & First Days

"You ready for this Peta Jane?" Maks asked as he worked on getting Joe dressed. It was finally time to go home. They had ended up in the hospital for 4 days between confirming Peta had handled the surgery well as well as making sure Ella's lung were functioning properly.

"I think so. Well I hope so. I'm ready to get home. I'm nervous but I know together we got this. What about you?" Peta said as she dressed Ella.

"Basically the same, pretty girl. I'm ready for our bed and our things. The idea that we don't have constant watchers is slightly overwhelming not because we need watching but because they are still so tiny."

"I agree babe, I agree. However I am excited to show you and your brother your home, Miss Ella."

"We'll show you guys your bedroom, which we won't make you sleep in for awhile just yet. And we'll show you the family room and the porch and the kitchen. And then we'll show you momma and papa's room. That's where you'll be staying for now cause Momma and I want to keep you close." Maks said as he finished up with Joe and moved him into his arms. His going home outfit consisted of a long sleeved light blue and white striped onesie that had a alien space ship on the front with a green alien. Below the alien it said "beyond cute." The onesie came with gray long pants that had the same alien on the butt. He also had little navy socks.

"And I'm pretty sure, your Auntie Sharna is coming to visit you tonight. You guys already met her but it was really quick. She's your godmother and she's going to be around a lot in both of your little lives." Peta said as she shifted Ella into her arms as well. Her outfit was a long sleeved deep pink onesie. It said "Most Adorable Ever" in a variety of different colors across the front. The pants were navy with flower print on them as well a light pink kitten face on her butt. She was in tiny gray socks as well.

"She definitely will. She's pretty fun. I don't know if anyone else is coming to visit tonight. Uncle Val is going to come over tomorrow. He's bringing us lunch from Fratelli's. That's Uncle Yaron's shop. He makes lots and lots of yummy healthy foods. I think he's bringing Jenna with him. She's fun too. He loves her but he has a hard time admitting it. We love her though and she'll be on the long long long long long list of people that love you."

"That is very right, you have lots and lots of people that already love the both of you. It's quite amazing honestly how much love you two already have. And me and papa, well we love you the mostest just cause we're your momma and papa. I think we need to get a picture of the two of you in your outfits before we head out. Maks, bring Joe over here." Peta said as she smoothed out the bed hospital bed sheets.

She grabbed Ella's blanket, which was pink and white zigzag print with a tiny elephant in the corner while the back had gray fleece on it, and laid it down on the bed before placing Ella on it. She grunted in displeasure at being on her own but settled quickly when Peta put her hand on her. She grabbed Joe's blanket, which matched Ella's however the front was yellow and white, and laid it down next to Ella and Maks settled Joe on it. The brother and sister automatically shifted towards each other with Ella's head resting on Joe.

"Oh my goodness, my little love bugs." Peta said as the sight brought tears to her eyes.

"Just wait until they are 5 and want to take each other out." Maks said laughing as he wrapped his arms around his wife.

"Shhh, I remember those times well but for now I'm going to enjoy the fact that they seem to love each other." Peta said as she leaned over the two and took a few pictures to sent to the family. They had a few offerings of help on bringing the twins home but they had decided that they preferred to just spend that time alone and getting into the house and adjusted. The two were both nervous however they knew they could handle it.