II - Flight

'Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 547B. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.'

I quickly put my book inside my bag and rushed to the boarding gate. I checked my boarding pass for the seat number, it showed: E24. Right, a middle seat. Chance passengers get those kind of seats 99% of the time.

As i found my designated seat, I tried to lift up my mini trolley to the head compartment. I knew I'll have the hard time reaching it, every effing time. I looked around for an attendant for help but it seems that each one of them are busy assisting others and I begin to cause a human traffic in an airplane hallway, so I tried to reached for the compartment again with tip toes when someone with a good heart reached for my almost falling-to-my-face trolley. I never felt so relieved.

I turned my head back slightly to express my appreciation to the good Samaritan. "Thank yo- ow."

I stuttered as I was star strucked to see Mr. Tower as he tries to position my trolley and now his backpack with a furrowed brows, jaw clenched, face so handsome... Then, he looked down at me. I noticed for a moment that his eyes were the lightest shade of brown i've ever seen. I suddenly found myself immediately rushing to my seat and wishing it would swallow me a bit. Is panicking my thing with him, now?

I kept my head down and trying to 'fix' my seatbelt as I wait for him to finish and be gone. Please go away now. Please. Please.

I never thought how one's stare can be so intimidating. Now, you know how other people feel when you gave them the look, I can hear myself scolding me. And before I can collect myself to calm down, i swear the next thing happened was more like an unwanted answered prayer.

He sat down beside me.

"Trouble with your seat belt too?" He asked while he buckles his own.

"Uhm, no! Actually... There, done!" I said with both of my hands up though I panicked a little bit, yet I guess I managed to keep a straight face at him so that he'll not notice that he intimidates me.  

He grinned back at me as a response.

 My, my perfect teeth. 

I felt like a melting tooth fairy who just found a gorgeous tooth in decades. The reaction that Tooth Fairy showed when she first saw Jack Frost's teeth. Too much distraction! Focus! Cutting myself back before it will get awkward, I grabbed for my phone to switch it on flight mode. Unlocking my screen I heard Mr. Tower asked,

"Your baby brother?"

It took me for a while to understand his question but when I followed his gaze to my lock screen I immediately knew he was asking who's the 5 year old boy kissing my cheek on my lock screen wallpaper.

"Why would you ask that? Maybe it's my son." I said with all seriousness, hoping it will cut him for further questions.

"Can't be." He said full of confidence.

"Why is that?" I asked in a sing-song voice.

"You're too young to have a son, what are you? 16?" He asked me while sipping on his now empty bottled water.

"E-excuse me?" I shifted half of my body to face him. One brow raised, I looked at him for a while battling to myself to say more but I managed to shut my mouth up.

He stared at me blankly. Still holding the empty bottle on his left hand then I heard him murmur as he sets the bottle aside. "Shortcake"

Now I'm pissed.

I crossed my arms on my chest and raised an eyebrow, even more higher now, at him. He looked at me again and pursed his lips as if trying not to smile or laugh. If it weren't to his damn dimples we could have a staring contest, so instead, I straightened myself and l looked away.

"I'm Jake."

I. Am. Not. Looking.

"And, you are?"

Still. Not. Looking.

"Ah, and you're Short!" I can hear a mocking smile on his tone. Then there he got my attention.

I scowled at him as a reply and he chuckles a bit then suddenly made a straight face, waving both of his hands as a sign of retreat. Gawd, he's so infuriating.

The flight will be only an hour and a half and an hour has already passed. I've managed to stayed quiet while stealing glances at him at the corner of my eye. He was asleep, and in all fairness, he looks well behaved with those soft snores escaping his slightly opened mouth with pink lips.

Now i'm talking about his lips.

Not too long, the pilot announced our arrival at last and began to descend the plane. As the plane landed, people started to unbuckle their seat belts and stood up to grab their belongings from the head compartments. I unbuckled mine and tried to stand up to reach for my trolley but Mr. Tower-, I mean Jake just stayed comfortably on his seat.

"If you could excuse me, I need to get my trolley." I asked nicely.

"You can't reach it. Need me?" He said with a smirk. Gawd, why is he so annoying yet adorable at the same time?

"Actually..." I said smiling, and I swear Jake's smirk widen. "No. I'll have the attendant assist me for sure this time."

Jake's smirk fell as I call on a male flight attendant to get my trolley for me. As the attendant reached for my bag, Jake stood up and shoved the attendant 'accidentally' away.

"Sorry dude, didn't see you there." And that's what you called fake apology.

The attendant gave him a nod and assuring he was fine. The attendant tried to reach for my bag again, this time brushing his elbow 'accidentally' to Jake's shoulder. He hand me my trolley with a warm smile and walked me out the plane.

And when I looked back at Jake, the look on his face as he was standing at the same spot is so priceless.

~o~

Chapter 2 is now served for you my lovely readers. Tell me what are your thoughts? 

Any suggestions? 

***

Don't forget to vote <3

Hope you guys don't mind to help me pull this story up.

Will update the next chapter next week :*

~Gel <3