III - Bandeau

A week of work at Café Bandeau is... Well, fun. 

Although my mom always calls me the entire time saying: "Rhian, Hija, you are drowning yourself again with work. Come home and i'll cook for you something." 

But, no. No matter how her words shouts 'delicious'.

Café Bandeau is my inner peace, my hiding place, my favorite destruction and my love life. 

I started to established it 2 years ago it became my life since then.

Luckily, it has been become a favorite of people nearby to hang out with, most especially college students who love coffee and books at the same time. I made the café specifically for them because, well, I used to be like them.

And I still am.

I came in a little late today because I woke up late from reading last night. I even promised myself to finish just half of the book but I ended up finishing the whole of it and managed to sleep at around 4 in the morning.

Geek. Nah~

When I entered the café, I heard a young girl and a guy debating. I looked around and saw Rose, one of my waitresses standing in front of a booth where a guy in a suit, his back facing my direction and is trying to console a little girl, who's maybe around 4 years old.

"But I want hello kitty on my hot chocolate, Yeykey!" The girl whined.

"Yeah, Brielle. But the Barista can't do it! Hot chocos aren't supposed to have that kind of cream." The guy tried to explain to the little girl with a combination of hand gestures. I can hear annoyance in his voice, because probably they have been arguing for a while now. I should've known, DK was as adorably annoying as that little girl.

"But your coffee has a leaf drawn on it! I want mine to have a drawing too! And I want it to be Hello Kitty!" The little girl is about to cry now.

"Sh!t!" He mumbled lowly but not too low enough to miss a hearing. "Don't cry! Your mom will kill me!"

Everyone is now staring at them and I decided to come near them to help. Rose saw me first and by the look on her face, she's so relieved to see me.

"Miss Rhi!"

"Good morning, Rose." I smiled at her while patting her shoulder to signal that I'll handle the situation and she immediately went back to the counter after giving an apologetic smile to the little girl and a flirtatious smile to the guy.

Wow.

I turned my direction towards the little girl. She has a wavy brown hair, big doll eyes, rosy cheeks and pinkish nose, probably from crying.

"Hi sweetie, good morning. What's the matter?"

She sniffs a bit and said frowning. "I want a Hello Kitty drawn on my hot chocolate."

Sniff.

"But Yeykey said it's impossible."

Sniff.

"Oh, I see. Hmmm." I touched the mug in front of her and realized that the drink has lost it's warm.

"Why don't I take this hot- no cold Choco already back to the bar, we'll make you another one, and I have this special cream best for cute kids like you which we can use to draw Hello Kitty on your drink?" I offered, soft giggles escaped from my mouth.

"But!" I continued. "It will only be possible if the customer is smiling! Oh! One more thing, how old are you, sweetie?" I asked. 

 Her eyes grew wide with full of surprise and then gave me a grin.